Tabitha Rachael Peck 26thOct

Blob

Sarah :)
Reaction score
Ooooh well luckily i have forgotten most of the details of the labour now :dohh: Not sure whether its good or a bad thing just yet!!

Anyhooo as some people know Robin and i were in the middle of building a house and i was getting sliiighhhtttlllyyy worried it was not going to be ready and i was going to have a gypsy baby :blush: BUT on the 25th we got to spend our first night in the house :happydance: It wasnt ready totally but could live there AMAZING!! Then at 5am i was woken up with mild cramps and went straight through to the other room with the gym ball to help it all along. Was soooo scared that they would all stop but at the same time slightly worried that everything wasnt quite ready for her.. Anyhoo by about 8am i was getting bored they were automatically 10-15 mins apart and were always regular unless i slept through the other ones. I went outside and decided to muck out the stables for something to do and then went down to Robin's for a cooked breakfast (i wanted to make sure i had enough energy :rofl: ) When we got back we turned on some dvds and sat and watched them, they were coming every 5-10 mins by then but i still was coping pretty well and wasnt ready to go in i thought. At about 3.30pm in the middle of a contraction my waters went, was two pops and i ran to the toilet ha ha!!

I have to add here that up until this point i didnt believe i was in labour i just thought i was having bad cramps or she was just kidding that she was arriving :dohh:

So i decided now that we should phone triage and ask if i should come in...they said to get checked over but not to expect to stay in :cry: So we got there about 4 and they left us in the waiting room till about 4.30pm i was having contractions every 3-5mins now eeeek!! They eventually examined me and were amazed that i was 4cms!!!! They called down to labour ward to get the water pool filled up, wasnt quite sure whether i wanted it but heyho went for it anyways!! Think it was around 5pm i got down to the pool and thought i might try some gas and air, the pains were so bad by then i cant remember anything from then until she was born really i didnt want any painkillers and didnt take the gas and air when they gave it to me (regret this now ha ha) I ended up hitting myself over the head everytime i got contractions. The MW said she expected me to have her at 12.30 at best :shock: OMG i nearly cried when she said that...think Robin did also eeek!! I cant believe how much pain i was in :dohh: never really expected to be in that much pain am quite glad i've forgotten it now...

I'm not quite sure when i realised i wanted to push but i think i gave the st.mw a heart attack :rofl: as she was left on her own since they thought she was going to be alot longer must have been about 7pm they started running around pressing all these buttons etc was madness!! MW when she came back in didnt believe i was ready to push and made me come out of the pool OMG soooo not funny!!!! She realised that i was ready to push and i couldnt get back into the pool cos she was coming, she said that would hopefully come by 8pm but no Tabitha decided she was coming NOW he he he!! She was born in maybe a max of 4 contractions and i swear all i thought was that i was splitting myself in two :cry: but was all over by 7.32pm :cloud9:

All i can remember saying is that...
I wanted to call my mum, to appologise for putting her through all that pain :dohh:

I was soooo shocked that i had a girl i kept saying i've had a baby i've had a Tabitha i was totally gobsmacked and i'm not quite sure i felt much really...but now i'm totally in love and she is totally amazing!!! :)

https://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm243/sarahwalker12/DSC01194.jpg

https://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm243/sarahwalker12/DSC01172.jpg

what a great story! shes gorgeous congratulations!

Congratulations B! She is absolutely gorgeous. You did so well.

xxx

Congratulations Mummy & Daddy!!

And welcome to the world Tabitha...

Love From Tabatha!!!!! :rofl:

:hug:

(So I go for years and years without ever meeting another Tabatha/Tabitha.... and there's two babes born on here within six months!!!! :happydance: It's a very exclusive club you know!!! :rofl:

Oh... and my name is spelt with an 'a' instead of an 'i' because the midwife spelt it wrong when I was born, and my mum just stuck with it!! :dohh:)

Wow... im jealous at how easy a labour you had!!! lol Congrats again!

She's lovely, congratulations!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->