tablets for acid reflux anyone?

T

tinytoes

we've been prescribed Omeprazolum tablets for LOs acod reflux. Has anyone else had these? How did you get on? side effects?

He is to have 5mg a day.

https://www.farmamondo.com/vista.cfm?ID=1696&LI=e

Caitlins suffering with the reflux again gaviscon worked for a few weeks - have to take her quacks again but never heard of tablets x

Teddy hates the tatse of gaviscon. I did try it but giving it to him after his pre-bedtime feed was a disaster - it woke him up as he hated it and screamed...and then didnt sleep for 2+ hours..pft.

Scared of tablets to be honest...have been given some liquid too (OH is at pharmacy right now collecting it so I'm not sre what it's called) which he should take 3 times a day. Might be the Swiss (our doc is in Switzerland, we live right on border) equivalent to Gaviscon I suppose.

He's been such a grumpy baby for ages now and we've only just been given a diagnosis of reflux thoguh no tests were done. I hope that the medications work...scarey though..

Took months for them to not say to me 'some babies are just sicky' grrrr

Tablets would worry me or maybe worry is wrong word but would feel odd. Hope it works for him x

Oh someone els has posted about tablets for htis hun a few topics down:
https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/57475-any-one-been-prescribed-ranitidine-their-lo.html

Might be same kind of thing just diff countries x

Took months for them to not say to me 'some babies are just sicky' grrrr
x

thats it! I was just told "ahh it's colic, he'll grow out of it..".

He isnt actually that sick all the time but just grumbles and cries a lot especially fter he's been laying down for a while. Poor little man. He's only been happy for about 1 or 2 hours each day if that. I'm hoping this'll help him to be a much happier little boy. It doesnt seem fair.

Tablets do worry me a little..but I guess it's all just drugs ina differnt form. I have to crush half a one and mix it with water, and give him this each day for a month. Will report back on his progress. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->