tablets to stimulate milk production?

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
4 weeks ago I had my beautiful baby Matthew 6 and a half weeks early due to severe preeclampsia he's doing great and only spent 17 days in SCBU born at a tiny 3lb 11oz. I am expressing and currently feeding him EBM only and trying to establish BF which to be honest is difficult as he tires easily and cant be sure his wee mouth strong enough so go through alot of milk between expressing and BF in between. At first I was like 'cow' had to freeze lots of milk and constantly leaking but now I barely produce enough each day for the full day and only have a few frozen reserves I can use. Trying all the usual tricks to stimulate production i.e skin to skin, bf, having Matthew near by whilst expressing. i know there are certain herbal things known to stimulate production, anyone had any success and If so what would you reccommend, also I know this is a really dumb question but are they completly safe to use whie BF? Thanks ♥

I don't know about herbal remedies, but there is a tablet available to stimulate milk production, I would talk to your GP and ask about it as I am sure there is a certain criteria for having it. So it may not be a definate for you, but worth an ask all the same. x

I am using fenugreek, its working for me so far.
it makes your wee smell like maple syrup lol
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->