Tact...a virtue...a random rant...ish

poysenivye

Mommy of 5!
Reaction score
So, I am a reader, I like to look up various things and then read all about them. Opinions, facts, stories, etc. I have noticed that there are many people out there that start their opinions with the following:
"I don't mean to be mean..." or "Not trying to be rude, but" etc. If you are going to put your opinion out there, while most of the time, you won't practice tact regardless when you start stating your opinion with those aforementioned words...leave that part out. Cause I am betting, you really don't care if you are taken as mean or rude, if you weren't, you would figure out another way to state your opinion. Women don't spend their time trying to conceive or while going through the worries of their pregnancy, just to write a post that may or may not piss you off. Some people just genuinely want an opinion to settle their own restlessness, or to compile the most widely spoken opinion. We are all getting testy, and short, but we are all so close, may be we should spend less time calling each other names and insulting each other's intelligence by just doing what this whole cyber board is for...to support each other when we have no one else to talk to. Doesn't that sound nice? :dohh:

I feel ya. I really try to be aware of how I word things because I would never want to make someone else feel bad. Definitely all the hormones flying around doesn't help!

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here? :shrug:

I find that words can easily be misinterpreted on a forum so I do sometimes preface my answers with something friendly, just to explain that what I am about to say isn't intended in a hurtful way.

Especially if what I am going to say goes against what most people have already said. I think it's nice to make it clear that you're just offering a different point of view but not telling the OP that they are 'wrong' or that you think they are a terrible parent! Which is how things often come across, I believe unintentionally.

Here's what I mean:

"I am not trying to be rude, but you are an idiot for wanting your child to be born before they are ready. That's child abuse...etc, blah blah..."

Yes, that may be your opinion...but could that not have been worded differently? There is no unintentional meaning there, it's just plain mean, in my opinion.

i do know what u mean hon, sometime things or some peoples opinions come across way too agressive to someone who is already worried :)
how u doin? xx

p.s. if all was well id love around 38 weeks :)
my back is killing me but only if alls well with bub :)

This post will get closed as its against the Terms of use. Ive seen others like this get closed, something about you're not alowed to start a new thread regarding another thread. I think I know which one youre referring to, and it is quite old. Unless Im wrong.

Sometimes text doesnt come across as it would if you were having a conversation, however sometimes people are outright rude.
:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->