Take-aways

xCorkettex

Mum to 1 x
Reaction score
We all know take-aways are really bad for your health, lack in any proper nutrients and are overall a no-no if trying to lose weight but do you buy them anyway?how often?and if so what do you choose?
I was on the Cambridge diet for 6 weeks and now im counting calories....i have managed to lose a stone and a half and im doing well on my excercise bike (an hour at a time every other night) so tonight i have decided to treat me and the hubby to a take away whilst we watch our fave programmes tonight as we have both been through a bit of a bad patch lately (me getting my head round my food issues-the irony huh!& him with work).
I am positive i wont get into the habit of ordering take aways as i was before (i went through a patch of ordering at least 3 times a week a few years back) :blush: but i want to treat us every now again :thumbup:

I normally get a Dominoes thin crust veggie pizza as it ends up being like a plate of veg with not too much cheese and a really thin base so not too many calories in dough. They also do low fat cheese at no extra cost.

I don't do pizzas or chippys as they're all carbs and I prefer to low carb to lose weight as it works well for me.
I get a chicken kebab with salad (I sometimes leave the pitta bread), or if we get a chinese I'll get something that isn't in a sweet syrupy sauce like roast pork or satay with vegetables.

We tend to have a takeaway once a week, either that or go out for a meal,

if it is take away then we have chinese, I'll often go for chicken chow mein with a pot of curry sauce.

I'm on WW and that is 9.5 points altogether.

xXx

I tend to go for a chicken kebab. Just grilled chicken really :D

Im on a diet and have one takeaway a week. I do normally try to stick to the healthier options.
I'll go for grilled chicken with salad and pitta bread, I sometimes have sauce depending on how good I've been that day. Chinese is normally mushroom stir fry. Indian food can be quite high in fat because of the sauce but tandoori chicken just on its own is really nice and not as high as the saucey foods.

I've been dying for pizza but on WW there loaadsssss of points =[

I had my take away that night-I had alot (i deserved it haha!) I had half a chicken burger, half a portion of chips,3 slices of pizza and a piece of chicken.I wont tot up the calories but i dont feel guilty either.
Whats surprised me is that i havent craved another since which is brill :)

Whats wrong with treating yourself once a while? I havent had take-away for about 2 weeks, which is good going! But only because I found Marks and Sparks do nicer chinese food than the take-away near us, so technically its not a take-away! haha! :haha: I rarely have people come and visit (all my family are waaayyyyy down south in Dorset), but when I do I reckon I have cake every day (bit of a cake fiend), because I know I wont be doing it once they have gone home. Us mums (and dads too) deserve it!

I usually steal some of my OH's sweet and sour chicken and chips, normally I'll have one bit of s & s chicken and a few chips, nothing overboard :) and its only once a week :)

i normally have a takeaway once a fortnight.. normally a curry too!
problem is we tend to really go for it when we do have one haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->