Taking a bottle - help please!

scrumpy78

Pregnant Due April
Reaction score
LO is 8 weeks old, exclusively breastfed, and I would like her to take the occasional bottle of EBM. She will only do do when asleep at the dream feed. I've tried other times of day and she just takes the teat, chews on it or messes about with it no sucking. Ive tried when she crying and hungry, other people have tried while out the house. Ive been using tommee tippee closer to nature but also tried Dr Brown. I'm getting frustrated and upset that she will only have my breast, I'd like her to have a little independence if u understand. I have a 2 yr old thats pretty much getting ignored due to constant feeding.

Have you tried MAM? I was shocked at how easy my bf Lo took them, they have different shaped teats, more orthodontic.

Well done, 8 weeks and I only managed a week! :) I don't have any advice for you as Tabitha had no probs with this ( she was is NICU) and her 4am feed was EBM from a bottle so I could rest! I'm assuming this was cos the nurses doing it were experts! Have you posted this in the BF forum? We used avent bottles when we got home from hospital and the hungry little monkey took to them no problem x

Have a look at the Medela Calma bottle. It is supposed to work like BF, so easier for LO to get used to, but also less likely that LO will prefer the bottle as with this one the sucking motion is the same, so LO has to work just as hard. I think it only works though if LO is not used to a normal bottle yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->