Taking A Newborn Out?

~ Vicky ~

<3 Proud Mummy <3
Reaction score
How old were your babies when you first took them outside? (Not including leaving the hospital).

I'm not one to be stuck indoors and i'm already getting cabin fever, but i'm way too paranoid to take Ava out because it's freezing out there.

So when would you suggest is okay? I'm not talking hour long walks, just down to the shop or something. TIA x

we went to a coffee shop, then home. was the day after we left hospital, so she was bout 6days old :)

I took max out the first time he was 5 weeks old , I made sure his head was covered well and he was fine .. all you need is a hat , mittens and a good blanket to keep her warm .

They say its good to expose her to the outside world as they need to explore germs and what not as much as that sounds yucky it makes them stronger

i think as long as they are dress right you can go out. but not for long. I wouldn't let anyone touch the baby tho.

I'm just way too paranoid i'll either freeze her or wrap her up *too* much I make her too hot :blush:

I think it's not helped that I live on my own and Daddy isn't on the scene so i'm either talking to myself or to Ava who can't answer back, lol! Kinda regretting saying 'No visitors for the first week or so thanks'.

I came out of hospital on day 3 and took him out on day 4 to show my partners grandad and on day 5 we went for a quick shop xxx

I had her weds PM came home thursday lunchtime and went out sunday afternoon to the supermarket. I think its just about when you feel ready. I was going stir crazy so I was itching to get out but I was suprised how knackered I was after a short outing. I've been out pretty much every day since though. x

As long as they have a hat on my MW said whenever but I went out on my own with Leo when he was 4 or 5 days not for too long though!

Thanks ladies, so it seems we'd be okay now as long as she's properly wrapped up? Awesome. These 4 walls are driving me crazy with no respite from them. Hah.

I still wonder if I have enough/too much blankets on her!! I was told to check their temp by putting your finger down the neck of their clothes on to their chest. I take too many blankets coz you can add and remove as you need, Today I set off for a walk to town and she had her vest, outfit, snowsuit, hat, mits and 2 blankets on in the pram - when I got outside it was milder than I thought so I took the heavy blanket off on popped it under the pram :)

we took charlie to tesco when he was 3 or 4 days old, it was summer tho so it was very warm and i still wrapped him up! just take LO out when u feel ready :)

I took jacob out on day 4 :) When i go out i put on vest, outfit, pram suit or a his thick jacket/trousers on top of outfit, hat, gloves etc Then a fleece blanket and 2 lighter ones that can be removed. When were out if i go inside i take some blankets off so he's not over cooked and put them back on when we go back outside :) XXX

We went out after a week and have been out once a week since. Just for walks to the shops about an hour. I put Stanley in a vest, babygro, fleece jacket, jogging bottoms and mittens. The fleece has a hood.

We have the bugaboo bee with the baby nest which keeps him really snug aswell.

Thanks for the help ladies. The extra blankets underneath the pram is an excellent idea I never even thought :blush:

I'll see what the weathers like tomorrow and hopefully we can have a little wander down to the shops.

We went to mothercare when she was 6 days old. Nothing much but a change from the house

xx

Yeah that's all I need... to get out from these 4 walls. I'm beginning to feel claustrophobic.

My LO was 3 days when we left the hospital, and just over a week the first time we went out. I was too sick still the first week, otherwise I would have gone out sooner. She went shopping and to the barn to see my horse and everyone at a week old :)

we hit the shops the next day - 2 days old and already shopping

i went out 12 hours after having kira cos we needed stuff from mothercare. with kacy got out of hospital on the sunday after having her on the friday and went round my parents

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->