Taking a premie outside in the cold.....

D

double_joy

Hi Guys,

My twins, Aimee&&Rylee (girl&boy) were born on the 23rd of December at 35 weeks

they are so tiny, and its quite cold outside, I'm worried that it's too cold for them to go outside, and i need to pick up some stuff from the shops also i have a family party in a few days and i never miss it and everyone is looking forward to meeting them but will it be to cold to take them out?

I can wrap them up obviously in blankets, cardigans, Snowsuits, hat, mittens etc.. and we have a travel system twin pram, but still I'm not sure its safe to take a premie out in this cold weather.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

xxx

As long as there wrapped up i dont see why not

the nurses on my ward have told me if Katie gets out before her due date that they advise us not to take them out untill she hits her due date, but then again she was born very early xx

I take my lo out for walks but don't go into shops or supermarkets with her at the moment as I don't want to risk her getting RSV. My lo was a lot more premature than your lo's so probably a higher risk due to having chronic lung disease.

However you lo's haven't reached term yet so I would probably be a bit cautious.

My HV & neonatal unit said going out in the cold is fine as long as LO is wrapped up & not getting a draught.
They advised me not to take her out in foggy/misty conditions as it's not good for the lungs.

However I'm more worried about people passing on germs and coughs/colds so Eve is going nowhere for a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->