Taking clomid without having a period??

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by MaisyMay, Oct 11, 2013.

1. MaisyMay

MaisyMay Oakley's Mummy & 1baking!

Can you? I'm not planning on taking it, I'm weaning ds from bfeeding at the moment. I haven't had af since he was born, I presume this is due to bfeeding. BUT there is a horrible little voice inside me that's telling me it's not and something's wrong. If I didn't get a period within say...the next three months. Could I take clomid? Google tells me yes, but you know :wacko::shrug:

2. krissie328

krissie328 Well-Known Member

While I am sure you could, the reason you do not want to is because you need to shed your lining before trying to implant. I would recomment progesterone cream or procreation to kick start a period first.

3. MaisyMay

I was thinking about having a dummy round of clomid and not ttc then taking it properly when I get that period??

4. mummytoangels

mummytoangels Well-Known Member

It's really not uncommon for women who r B/Fing not to get a period until they stop, where as some women there AF's return fairly quickly
    I def wouldn't b taking clomid without AF as u have no idea where ur body is at nd u may just starting Oing nd having AF's on ur own. Also I am pretty sure u cnt take clomid while B/Fing so I would b checking with ur doc first.

5. krissie328

krissie328 Well-Known Member

I just saw I said procreation instead of provera. Oh gotta love autocorrect.

6. hopefulfor1st

hopefulfor1st Mummy to Jace & NTNP #2

I did this but had to have a progesterone test the day b4 I started marked urgent and the first time I was fine to take it (4 months no AF) but the second time I thought it'd be fine to take it but doc showed I'd randomly ovulated after 7 months so couldn't had to wait for BFP or AF.
    Also my AF didn't return til 3-4 months after bfing.

7. MaisyMay

I won't be taking anything until I've completely weaned my ds x