Taking Control of Your Fertility - question

gennifaire

Reaction score
So, Im reading the book and it has this part on BBT

Also, it’s imperative that it be accurate to within 1/10th degree Fahrenheit (for example, 97.4), but do not use thermometers that measure to within 1/100th of a degree (for example, 97.47), since the extra information is unnecessary and confusing.

But on here, everyone says to get a thermometer that does. The BBT one I have does the 97.72 type readings? and the tool was purchased as a specific for bbt?

Everything I've ever read says you need a bbt thermometer that measures to the 100th degree. Apps will tell you the same thing. Then again, apps have websites to alter your temp if you woke early or late, but then tell you not to alter them... I've had no issues with using a bbt thermometer and it does the job. If its working, why change it?

I think you could probably use a normal thermometer to temp. It would probably work ok and you would be able to detect two different levels of temp. But if you had a slow rise chart or were using an old thermometer with old batteries, it might not be accurate. Last month if I had a slow rise chart and a normal thermometer may not have detected the very slight increases in temp and then I might have had a slightly different O date.

Definitely use a BBT. If you use a regular thermometer you will get multiple days of the same reading and the data won't be as solid. Are you reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler? What page is that on? I am really surprised that it says you don't need a BBT since that book is the "bible" of ttc. Definitely use a BBT.

Definitely use a BBT. If you use a regular thermometer you will get multiple days of the same reading and the data won't be as solid. Are you reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler? What page is that on? I am really surprised that it says you don't need a BBT since that book is the "bible" of ttc. Definitely use a BBT.

I have a pdf file of it and its on 194.1 on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->