Taking DD to 12 week scan?

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hi everyone

My df has just found out he'll be off when I have the scan on Monday and although my mum was originally having her coz I am working, now df is having her and so my mum isnt going to drive all the way here (45 mins drive) just to look after her for half an hour. So that means either df stays at home with dd or she comes with us both to the scan.

But my letter says that only one person can come in, will they let my df in with my dd?

Yeh of course they will! Were taking both of ours to our scan! x

Hi there. I took my 2 yr old to my last 12 week scan and they weren't bothered. I think they know a lot of oeople don't have any other options. In fact she's now been to 4 early scans with us and now looks at the ultrasound and says 'baby' .

Also at my last 12 week scan the worst did happen , I'd had a mmc, but I was very glad to have my oh and dd there. Made the experience and waiting around afterwards far less painful xx

Thanks ladies, I guess if we just take her anyway they either wont have a choice but to let her in or be mean and tell df he has to stay outside with her lol!

Munchkin I'm sorry about your MMC hun, that happened to me in my first pregnancy too. Such a shock to us, it has made me rather paranoid about my following pregnancies to the point I have already had a private scan last week as I didnt want to wait until possibly mid January to get my dating scan. Typically they gave us a fairly early date for it despite Christmas! So now we will have had 2 scans in the space of 2 weeks but its great to see the little pumpkin again! Do you have a doppler? Thats definately helped me feel reassured.

I've got that dilemma with my LO, my scan is on 20th Jan, the midwife said my LO will not be allowed in and to get someone to wait with her in the waiting room, after reading the above posts I'm hoping they will let her come in, or DH will have to sit with her and I will have to go in on my own.

Thanks bailey. Yes my midwife lied and got me an 8 wk scan then at 9 weeks I tried the Doppler and couldn't find the hb so went for a private scan at 9+6 where bibs was looking great! My dating scan is a week tomorrow and I'm so ready to be out of first tri! I put my Doppler away because it scared me too much, even though I knew it was early!!

Aw glad you saw your little bean munchkin. I've been tentatively using the doppler since 8 weeks lol! But only really can get the heartbeat consistently in the last 2 weeks. I'm so glad to be almost out of first tri too!

I was nervous bringing my two year old to my 12 week scan but they said if she was too loud dh could sit outsdie the room with her (which inwasnt keen on anyway.) our scan lady was so sweet and dd couldnt stop chattering but scan lady made us feel at home and calm and it went well :)

I would check with the department, we were not allowed in with our LO

Pretty sure my hospital won't let children in, when I had a scan with DS there was a lady there with her sister and lo and they made her sister and lo stay outside. I'd def call them first. I'd hate to go and take DS and then DH have to sit outside and miss seeing our baby for the first time.

The thing is we have no one to have dd anyway, so it's either go with df and dd or leave them both at home and go on my own. So think I'm just gonna take my chances and take them and ask, if they don't let them in it would be no different than leaving them both at home anyway which is our only other option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->