Taking it easy?

HopeBT

Reaction score
So this is not really an issue, but just wondering if you are hearing "taking it easy" so much more often during your last few weeks?
It doesn`t bother me much, but I just do not understand what people mean by taking it easy. Im 37 wks today, and kept active during the whole pregnancy, prenatal yoga, weekly hiking & working. I think, thanks to all the exercise, I experienced very little back/hip pain and sleep problem so far. So, I am finding it really hard to slow down and feel like Im doing sth wrong when I keep doing what I have been doing. How is/was everyone else feeling at 37 weeks?

My apologies for the ramble, I guess Im just getting really impatient to meet this little girl :cloud9:
Just did last of my shopping list (def didnt take it easy today :haha:) and washed everything. I keep telling myself that we`ve waited 2.5 years to conceive this baby so waiting another 2-3 weeks is nothing, but Im just getting really antsy :wacko:

Just do what you feel you can. If you're doing all those things and not having any pain or fatigue, you can keep doing them. All the doctor (or anyone else, for that matter) means is that you shouldn't overdo it. If you're tired or in a little bit of pain, then just relax. If you're not and you want to keep doing those things, go for it.

BTW, kudos to you! When I was 37 weeks pregnant with my first son, all I could do was come home, take the dog for a walk, and sit on the couch until my SO got home lol!

I sit down a lot more and let my husband take over the housework. It's not easy to take it easy as I'm still working full time and have a 4 and a most 3 year old

Just do whatever feels comfortable to you, HopeBT.

Everybody has switched from "rest and take it easy" to "anything happening yet?", and I don't know which I find more annoying. :haha:

Hahaha! So true.
Im only 37+3, but thats something I hear couple times a day as well
Had an appointment yesterday, cervix completely closed and firm (they call it not effaced?) Aghhhh seems like I have another few weeks to go at least.
How are you feeling these days? I think I remember you from 1st trimester board, did you have a rocky start on this pregnancy? I remember being so relieved that baby was ok after that scare

Just do whatever feels comfortable to you, HopeBT.

Everybody has switched from "rest and take it easy" to "anything happening yet?", and I don't know which I find more annoying. :haha:

Haha, I wish I had your energy. I tend to overdo it because I am antsy too and just not good at relaxing as a person, but I get tired and achey and crampy every night after I've done too much. So I have to lie down or sit for a bit. You're lucky you're still comfortable. :)

Yeah, I am very grateful to have quite uneventful pregnancy so far!
Are you having regular or any Braxton Hicks at all?
I was having some up until maybe 35 wks, and now I dont have any symptoms anymore (except swelling), no BH, cramping or back pain, nada nada :shrug:
Guess labor is really still few weeks away for me :haha:

Haha, I wish I had your energy. I tend to overdo it because I am antsy too and just not good at relaxing as a person, but I get tired and achey and crampy every night after I've done too much. So I have to lie down or sit for a bit. You're lucky you're still comfortable. :)

Listen to your body & do what feels right. There is nothing wrong with any of what you are doing as long as you still feel ok. I wish I had that first pregnancy energy haha! Am 34 weeks tomorrow, working full time & have a 4 & 2 year old at home! This pregnancy has really taken it out of me, plus I have come down with a cold this week :(

Hahaha! So true.
Had an appointment yesterday, cervix completely closed and firm (they call it not effaced?) Aghhhh seems like I have another few weeks to go at least.
How are you feeling these days? I think I remember you from 1st trimester board, did you have a rocky start on this pregnancy? I remember being so relieved that baby was ok after that scare

You have a fabulous memory!!
Yes, I had a lot of trouble in first tri, and into second, though I wasn't spending any time on the boards by that point. Fortunately it all resolved, and I now (theoretically) have less than a week to go. She seems pretty comfortable where she is at the moment. I've got PGP, which makes things quite uncomfortable, but I'll put up with that as long as LO is fine. Thanks for asking :)

I don't know whether my cervix has changed at all. They tend not to check where I am. I have a sweep booked in a couple of weeks, so I guess I'll find out then.

If you dont mind sharing, how is PGP felt and diagnosed?
I didnt have much pain or anything down there the whole pregnancy, and suddenly starting 2-3 days ago, my pubic bone and lady part is extremely sore, like I got kicked repeatedly there. Hurts when I sit down, walking or laying down :shrug::shrug::shrug:
Its so sudden and severe, I cannot say what it is. From what I read, it can be some sort of relaxant loosening my pelvis for baby passing, but also can be PGP. I am wondering if I can get PGP this late (at almost 38 weeks)

Hahaha! So true.

You have a fabulous memory!!
Yes, I had a lot of trouble in first tri, and into second, though I wasn't spending any time on the boards by that point. Fortunately it all resolved, and I now (theoretically) have less than a week to go. She seems pretty comfortable where she is at the moment. I've got PGP, which makes things quite uncomfortable, but I'll put up with that as long as LO is fine. Thanks for asking :)

I don't know whether my cervix has changed at all. They tend not to check where I am. I have a sweep booked in a couple of weeks, so I guess I'll find out then.

If you dont mind sharing, how is PGP felt and diagnosed?
I didnt have much pain or anything down there the whole pregnancy, and suddenly starting 2-3 days ago, my pubic bone and lady part is extremely sore, like I got kicked repeatedly there. Hurts when I sit down, walking or laying down :shrug::shrug::shrug:
Its so sudden and severe, I cannot say what it is. From what I read, it can be some sort of relaxant loosening my pelvis for baby passing, but also can be PGP. I am wondering if I can get PGP this late (at almost 38 weeks)

What you're describing (feeling like being kicked between the legs) sounds like PGP. When the front of the pubis is affected, it used to be called SPD (Symphysis pubis dysfunction).

It started for me at 20 weeks, and then one of the joints at the back got affected too. I see an osteopath, who has helped hugely with the back pain, but she said that they can't do much about the pain at the front and we have to wait it out. For me, it currently extends into the perineum.

Do you use a belly support belt? That should help a bit, as it will help to hold your weight up.
Keep your weight evenly distributed on your legs when standing, i.e., don't put all of your weight on one leg or the other. Also - try your best to keep your knees together as much as possible (when getting out of cars, etc).
When you lie down or sleep, make sure you have a pillow or two between your legs, but it has to support you all the way down to your ankles and not just between the thighs and knees.
If you have to climb stairs, go up one stair at a time, i.e. put both feet on the same stair before tackling the next one.

I've also been told to make sure that the people overseeing labour/birth know that I have PGP. You don't want to open your legs past the point that is comfortable.

It's probably worth mentioning to your midwife or doctor, depending on where you are.

I know people who developed PGP quite late in their pregnancies. I wonder if your LO has dropped into your pelvis. This would increase the pressure....

The physiotherapist told us to do a handful of exercises. Some of them are listed here: https://www.liverpoolwomens.nhs.uk/media/1345/pelvic_girdle_pain_leaflet.pdf

It's a pain in the.....I was going to say neck, but pelvis is more appropriate, I guess. :haha:

With the “take it easy” I usually see it more as people saying “take this chance to relax while you can!” Rather than them saying I should limit myself in any way. More of a be kind to yourself now, before you have a newborn. Especially so if it’s your first baby, because once the baby is here there is no time to take it easy ever again lol! 5 years in and I would relish a chance to do so!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->