Taking Letrozole??? (AKA Femara)

TXsweettea

Reaction score
Anybody out there been prescribed Letrozole for infertility? Typically prescribed in place of Clomid for women with PCOS of unexplained infertility. I'd just love to find someone who has or is taking it, or even someone who has been successful in TTC with it!

Thank you! :flower:

Hey there. I was prescribed letrozole a few months ago.

1st cycle: 5mg taken days 3-7. Not high enough dose so non ovulatory.

2nd cycle. 7.5mg days 3-7. Ovulated but no bfp as we didn't do it enough.

3rd cycle: 7.5mg days 3-7. Ovulated. Did it every day. Got my bfp. It ended in an early miscarriage but that has nothing to do with the letrozole.

Now I wait for my first af. I was given more prescriptions so doc is hopeful.

I will be keeping to the same BD schedule as last cycle. I know it worked.

I will be keeping to the same BD schedule as last cycle. I know it worked.

Mind if I ask how many days you guys BD'ed when you got your BFP? I know we will have to step it up if I don't get one this cycle, but just curious! :wacko:

Every day since af stopped. lol We missed 2 days out of 14. If you click on my chart you can see my past chart. But the most important days that every app or site has told me are the 3-4 days prior to O, the day of and the day after (just in case).

Anybody out there been prescribed Letrozole for infertility? Typically prescribed in place of Clomid for women with PCOS of unexplained infertility. I'd just love to find someone who has or is taking it, or even someone who has been successful in TTC with it!

Thank you! :flower:

Hello! I'm on my third cycle of femara/Letrozole - the first cycle I was prescribed 2.5 mg and I did not ovulate. I ovulated the second cycle but no BFP, I think it was because I ovulated sooner than expected and didn't do the BD enough. I am in the middle of my third cycle now and I think I may be ovulating today so I am praying for my BFP this cycle!

Are you taking it?

I just did my first round of Letrozole, 7.5 mg CD 3-7 with a trigger shot CD 11 we BD CD's 9, 10, 11, and 13. DH had the flu CD's 12 and 13 which is why it wasn't every day and not since, in my TWW now...

TTCbaby#1 BTW

I take 5mg cd 5-9. I have taken it for 7 cycles. Did an Iui last month, bfn, trying naturally with femara again this month. We have been Ttc for almost 2 years.

This is my first round of Femara 7.5 mg CD 5-9 with the Ovidrel trigger shot. We have been ttc for a year now. I was diagnosed with PCOS. I did 5 failed rounds of Clomid and ovulated for the first time last month with an Ovidrel injection. Femara made me ovulated by CD 14, so I was pretty shocked and excited. Today is 1 DPO for me. Praying and hoping for a BFP for you soon! It will be worth the wait. :)

Hi everyone, mind if I join? First cycle of Femara and my dr has me taking 5m cd 3-13! I have not found anyone else taking that many days so I have no idea what to expect. Previous cycles have been 35-62 days long, hoping it helps.

Baby dust to everyone :)
:dust:

that is a long time to take it. Maybe he's basing it off of your longer cycles.

I am 10dpo of my first cycle after my mc. So far bfn's but it's still early for me. I didn't get a positive until 13 dpo. Have to go pick up more tests today. But I have some similar symptoms as last time so I am cautiously optimistic.

That's what I am assuming but there are not to many to compare to :) I need to go buy OPKs for this cycle, just to make sure I don't O before my ultrasound at cd 14.

That is exciting I hope you get your BFP soon! :) I have read many stories of getting the sticky baby bean right after a loss. fingers crossed for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->