Taking my son home on Monday and I am so paranoid can't stop worrying!

hello_kitty

Reaction score
My baby was born at 32+1 weeks. For the most part he was fine until he began getting sick from a bacteria infection. His breathing was bad and he had to be put on the lo flo oxygen. He kept having bradys. After the being put onto the antibiotics, he became a totally different baby. His bradys magically stopped. He's coming home this monday but I am so paranoid about the worst things that can happen. I'm scared of SIDS, and scared that he will contract RSV. I'm so excited and even more worried at the same time. How was your experience with your preemies when they came home? Thanks

I was worried. Thought I wouldnt sleep… I do!

At first I was wishing his baby years away wishing he was bigger, running around etc etc. Gave myself a good talking to and I'm now enjoying every minute of him because everyone talks of them growing up so quickly. Prems make a lot of grunts and groans which will apparently go when they are past there due date. I like his noises it's like he's letting me know he's there and ok when I'm not staring at him!

I do have a monitor which detects movement, I think that reassures me enough to sleep and know he's ok.

Congratulations on your boy coming home, please enjoy him it's amazing xxx

We were the same, SIDS terrified me too. We had an angelcare monitor which actuallyade me worse so I stopped using it right away and had a word with myself. The hospital wouldn't discharge LO unless they believed it was perfectly safe to do so. And if I needed to monitor her, they would have sent me home with monitors. This helped and with time I got over my fears. However you might find an angelcare monitor handy, maybe worth a try

I was thinking of getting an angelcare monitor too. I asked the nurses and doctors about it and they thought it was unnecessary. The doctors told me not to worry about it too much, although it happens, the percentage of SIDS is only 1%-2% (considering you follow the rules). Also, there is no history of SIDS in my family. My baby is perfectly healthy now, so I am just going to try and enjoy the time with him before he grows up and starts running around. Yay, he is coming home tomorrow, it feels so surreal like I am dreaming.

Indeed-it's really hard to remember my Alexs first year because I constantly worried, I wish I could turn time back and enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->