Taking temperature vaginally or orally?

familygirl30

Reaction score
What be the best please ladies? Day one of new cycle today and I've been temping under arm which realise now it's not the best way!

I would definitely do either oral or vaginally. I've read that vaginally is the most accurate between the two though. With oral, temps can be lower if you sleep with your mouth open. However, it seems that most still do oral regardless unless it's giving too inaccurate of results in which they may decide to temp vaginally to see if the if it's from sleeping with their mouth open or if there's something more going on hormonally.

Some prefer to just start with vaginal temping, but most find oral easier. So maybe start with oral temping and if you find your charts a little erratic even though you're being consistent with temp times and sleep pattern switch to vaginal.

I temp orally and have it to be pretty good for me. I considered vaginally but I have to set my alarm for 6am and test then as I work 2 days a week and that's when I get up but the other days I go back to sleep after temping and doing it orally doesn't require me to wake up too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->