Taking your temp and ovulation

Glitter1

Reaction score
Hi Ladies xxx Since my AF on 17 Aug I have been using Clearblue Ovulation tests almost everyday and still 19 days later nothing :( I know alot of u swear by taking your temperature to determine when you ov - can you guys just give me a crash course? When is the best time of day to test and what difference in temp should i look out for? Also is does it reflect when you actually ov or the lead up? Sorry for all the questions! xxxx

Hi Glitter1,
Charting you BBT is pretty easy. You take your temp each morning before you get out of bed (keep BBT therm by your bed) and chart it. It should be taken around the same time each morning and hopefully with at least a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. You should see a pattern over your cycle of lower temps leading up to O and then higher temps after. It doesn't predict O, it only tells you that it has happened. Hope that helps!

Hi Glitter, doing temps will only confirm Ov once it has already happened. I observe CM to know when to start trying, and bd every 2 days up til temps confirm Ov has happened. It is best to take your temp same time every day, ie before getting out of bed in morning, after at least 3 hours sleep. From first day of AF until Ov, your temps are at their lowest, then after Ov they go up and you get a higher range of temps for two weeks until AF again.

If you go to www.fertilityfriend.com you can get all the info there, and make your own chart, take a look at mine via the link below, and it will give you an idea of what temps tell you. When the site detects Ov it draws red lines to show when it occurred.

I have found it really useful temping, my cycle now I only Oved on day 25, and wouldn't have known that if I wasn't temping.
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->