Talc and things you put on your baby!

alio

Reaction score
I'm just harking back to when I had my first visit from the health visitor after having Fin. She told me not to use ANYTHING on him. No sudocreme, no talc, nothing in the bath. She said his skin does not need it and it sorts itself out. Well I was just thinking. Occasionally I have put a bit of talc on his nethers! Does anyone else tend to leave their LO's well alone to sort themselves out? She said only put sudocreme on if he needed it. I must admit he has never had any nappy rash, has such soft skin. i was really sceptical at first..... what do you guys use? xxx

after Rhiannons bath at night i slather her ass in sudocreme!!!!! and ive talced her too... but i didnt use talc for the first 6 weeks...
in the morning i just use water to wash her all over...
if we're going out and its windy i pop E45 on her cheeks to stop her getting chapped :)

I've always used bath soap and zinc cream when needed.

after Rhiannons bath at night i slather her ass in sudocreme!!!!! and ive talced her too... but i didnt use talc for the first 6 weeks...
in the morning i just use water to wash her all over...
if we're going out and its windy i pop E45 on her cheeks to stop her getting chapped :)

:rofl:
I was really surprised that my HV said to use nothing.... seemed odd....

ive only done it at night because she sleeps through and stays in the same nappy (else she'd wake when i change her!) so i use it as a sort of barrier because her skin is sat in a urine soaked nappy for most of it
i was told not to use anything either, but it never did me harm so im figuring it shouldnt her... plus she smells sooooooo divine all clean and talced :lol:....

i was told not to use anything at forst but we did and everything has always been fine

i mean babies wee in their nappies so its on their skin imagine if we did that and only washed with water would feel dirty lol

i know what you mean.... i like him to smell like a baby!!

must just be another thing they're advised to say!! ho hum! x

we use it all :rofl: baby lotion (was told to use it because she had slight eczema), baby oil on her scalp to help keep cradle cap away, baby wash, and powder in chaffed areas

Does anyone find their baby pees less in the night?? Since Jasmine has been sleeping through she doesnt pee that much in the night... but after about an hour of being awake she will completely soak a new diaper.

Does anyone find their baby pees less in the night?? Since Jasmine has been sleeping through she doesnt pee that much in the night... but after about an hour of being awake she will completely soak a new diaper.

Ha ha ha!!! Nope. Fin is a little pickle-annie!!!! Always peeing..... with or without nappy!!! xx

First few weeks never used anything apart from I think a pea of johnsons tip to toe wash. We now use johnsons shampoo and soft wash.

We use talc on Caitlin it helps dry any water from the bath.

We use sudo too not really very much maybe a small bit and when shes teething LOADS also when her bums been bad due to teething we wipe some vaseline (sp?) on the nappy to stop the 'rubbing'!

Ha ha ha!!! Nope. Fin is a little pickle-annie!!!! Always peeing..... with or without nappy!!! xx

Hannah's diaper is extremely full in the morning :rofl:

We use everything!

I put sudocreme on her bum every 2nd nappy to prevent any nappy rash, i use talc after a smelly bum cos I want her to smell lovely!
Talc after her bath, bubblebath in the bath, softwash to wash her
I have been using baby lotion on her cheeks cos they seem to be getting a bit dry, probably because of the cold weather and central heating, my skin does the exact same!

This is a fabulous sign of a child with a good bladder. My kids as toddlers were very much like this.

Nah she's pretty much weighed down with a diaper after a full night.

I use powder, aveeno moisturizer cause she has dry skin, and either johnsons head-toe or johnsons bedtime bath, and vaseline (I like it better than zinc cream, not so hard to get off)

since maddi was about a week old we've used it all - i've tried all different nappy creams to see which we prefer, sudocreme, shampoo, avent products and the johnsons products and bedtime bath products.

we often use aqueous on her skin as its so fab. we have just moved on to conditioner for her hair too :)

i use liquid talc rather than normal talc though.

maddi's always had fab skin and bum (although teething it flares up) and wouldn't dream of not washing myself with suitable products so do the same for her :)

We use baby bath and a bit of lavendar oil in that too. We use talc after bath time just in nappy area. I put sudacrem on after every nappy change, I wasn't at first but a wise woman told me its good for a barrier to prevent nappy rash. I was going to just use it if she got it but was advised prevention is better than a cure which made sense! I have been advised to try calendula ointment 'if' she does get a nappy rash, its supposed to be better than sudacrem and all natural too so may get some just in case. Also wee is so acidy I wouldn't want that soaking into me and I guess us ladies know how sore we can get down there so don't want her in any pain so would rather try and prevent any issues.

I don't use much for Jess as it has in the past aggrivated her eczema. I use Johnsons top to toe on her hair and body and if she has a sore bum I sudo it or use bepanthen. Other than that I don't use anything or the poor lil moo spends the day scratching! xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->