Talk me down ladies.. getting a little too hopeful

Barbles

Mum to 1 & cooking 1 more
Reaction score
So as I mentioned yesterday, I was having my coil removed as it was falling out.

I did a test yesterday which was BFN and had also started bleeding which I assumed to be AF as I was due this week anyways.

The nurse at the Brook clinic has suggested i test again in 3 weeks as it may be too early to detect. She said even though I am bleeding, the coil moving could make me ovulate at a different time or something.

So now the bleeding has already stopped and the period pains I was experiencing disapeared an hour after the coil was removed.

So now I have become far too hopeful that I was bleeding due to the coil being in the wrong place and that I could be pregnant. Ive been sitting here bored in work imagining telling the OH I'm pregnant and working out maternity leave if I was :wacko:

I need a talking down as I probably was having AF and its highly unlikely Im pregnant.

This is going to be a long 3 weeks......

I would be driving myself crazy if I was in your shoes. Just the possibility that I was pregnant would be too much for me - I'd be on the internet looking at nursery ideas, working out how much it would cost in the first year, what and how to tell my OH...well done for coming on here asking us to calm you down. :thumbup:

Will you tell him your thoughts now or wait 3 weeks for a definite yes/no test?

I say, always expect the worse, then at least you don't let yourself down in the end - but you might get a nice surprise.

Fingers crossed for you :hugs:

He knows that there is a small chance I could be, he's a bit worried about it as it is the wrong time but if i was it would be ok, we would get on with it (and I would be over the moon)
I keep thinking to myself that I would know if I was pregnant and would feel it but then with my first I didnt find out til I was 6 weeks gone, the sickness started the day after i did my test lol.
Will probably end up testing myself in two weeks lol
If Im not then only 7 more months til I get trying properly

:wacko: it would be driving me mad not knowing too. I always thought I would know if I Was pregnant...but I didnt. And I even dismissed my 'pregnancy symptoms' as being over-worked and stressed out :haha:

Do you really have to wait three weeks?
Sorry if this sounds really stupid but i'm guessing if the coil had slipped/moved then it's not as effective, hence the possibility of pregnancy? :shrug:

Well on Saturday I couldn't feel it at all then on Monday i could feel it again but the strings were low down. She said that the position it was in could let :spermy: go through. I thought three weeks was a long time but the test yesterday was a definite BFN so if I am pregnant I would be like a week or something or Im not pregnant.
I think I would be too lucky to be pregnant, I had an AF last month (albeit a very light one but I always had light ones with the coil).

The only thing that is making me think is the lack of sypmtoms for want of a better word from having my coil out. It may be perfectly normal what I am experiencing but i was expecting more pains and bleeding (TMI?) than I had, I have nothing at all now. once again wishful thinking tho.

This must be what the 2WW is like when your TTC

Well I take it she means the coil slipped & you have DTD whilst it had slipped and now they took it out there is a chance you could be pregnant but wouldnt know till 2 weeks after DTD maybe she just said 3 weeks to be 100%.

What was the blood like? Fresh? Or old?

I think the chances of being pregnant are probably very small.

xxx

It was fresh, gonna be far TMI now but was sort of dischargy blood before she took it out then bright red after but she said 'oh I made you bleed' when she took it out.

I know in my heart that I probably am not and that it probably had only recently moved, its hard not to get excited when this will be my only chance for another 7 months but will try to forget about it (easier said than done lol)

oh hon, i've found in wtt and ttc, us ladies always get our hopes up, regardless of timing :hugs: got my fx'd for you! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->