Talking Angela app

R_x

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about this? It's by the same people as talking tom I think and apparently made my pedos?

It's a hoax.

https://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/angela.asp

I've just been on it and it was recording me and the voice did seem different? X

Honestly it's a rehashed hoax of a few years. The particular post on Facebook talking about it is just as much full of rubbish. The one I seen claimed to be in Scotland but chose to talk as if they lived in the US. It sounds like some competitor or someone has it in for the company, I dunno.

Phew! I've deleted it anyway. We only downloaded it because we thought it was the same as tom but it's more for girls.I don't like how it's started to record anyway. X

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/20...n-letter-three-tips-to-avoid-facebook-hoaxes/

I think this story has also set it off again

https://m.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news...internet-app-that-may-be-of-concern-1-6411118

It does sound like a really weird app.

It sounds like one of those Facebook scaremongering sensations. It does seem weird that so many people have a story to tell about it, but I doubt there's anything to it.
Besides, I don't think a young child should have unsupervised access to mobile devices anyway. Lucas uses a similar one on his Nan's phone called Talking Tom, it's never said anything inappropriate but he'd never use it without one of us there, so we'd know straight away if it did.

I've had Talking Tom. Tom just repeated what you said. As for Angela, that article that Butterfly posted, when I read it, one thing set off alarms: IF accusations about the app were true why would a parent contact a TEACHER about suspicions with the app, and not her phone company, or the app creators themselves? Because a teacher has all the power in the world to change it?

I have a concern about the yoga mat chemical being included in Subway bread, but I'm not going to call my kids' teachers to spread the word about it being included.

And the makers of the app have even straight out said that the app DOES conversate with you, and switching to child mode limits the conversation, but in no way, shape, or form does this app ask you, or your child, for your address and phone number, or your school.

The makers HAVE stated, however, that if you choose to upgrade, then yes, you'll input your information when you pay by credit card, but other than that, it does not ask for personal information, it does not take random photographs, it does not do anything that these people are accusing it of doing.

If you don't want an app on your phone that has a conversation with you, don't download it, but don't go around giving a perfectly fine app a bad name and lying about what it asks you because you chose not to read that IT HAS A CONVERSATION WITH YOU.

To be fair when we downloaded it through talking tom, it didn't have a convosation with you, or record you. They've updated it. All it did was repeat what you said and you could give her a present etc.

Yep, total hoax. I always sigh when i hear the whole "Peadophiles created it" thing, like the Facebook game with cartoon pictures as profile pics. :dohh:

Everybody stop eating potatoes and corn! The eyes and ears were created as a government conspiracy to infiltrate your lives and know your every move.

EARS of corn...EYES on the potatoes...those foods are a government conspiracy to get into our lives. Meant to poke fun at stupid chain letters about apps being created by pedophiles to get into our children's lives.

I asked about it on here as was worried even though I'd read it was a hoax, I wanted other parent opinions.
Don't see why your taking the piss tbh?

I'm not. It was a joke. Meant to be funny. It wasn't an attack on your or on anyone else. I'm sorry you took it that way.

Yep, total hoax. I always sigh when i hear the whole "Peadophiles created it" thing, like the Facebook game with cartoon pictures as profile pics. :dohh:

Reminds me of the 'Hoecs' games from Brass Eye :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->