Talking to your belly!

Luckybug

Preggers
Reaction score
I was told by several women at work today I needed to start talking to my belly now, and rubbing it. I feel like a complete nut!

I love this child but don't have an active imagination.

Driving me nuts, and I sound so stupid. haha.

Lol do whatever feels natural to you. Baby will still hear you talking, even if it is just to your partner, or other people.
My husband says "goodbye baby" to my tummy everyday when he leaves for work. It's so cute and it makes me giggle

I have the OPPOSITE problem. I have a very overactive imagination. I find my hand on my belly all the time. Sometimes, I hold it when i get up off the couch! Then I shake my head at myself because I'm 4 weeks. There's nothing there to support! Hahaha or I rub my bloat after a big meal and smile like an idiot. Rub it! Join the club!

I'm actually terrified because I hold my stomach a lot without thinking. I have a field trip tomorrow with 5 parent chaperones, and I live in rumor central. I have to consciously NOT touch my belly tomorrow haha

I frequently find my hand down my pants holding my belly now lol (btw - I'm a big girl so I pull my gym/bed pants up over my belly roll). And the only time I have found myself talking to it was when I was nervous I might lose it and I would say things like "Come on little one... Just a bit longer."

just popping in again from second tri - a few weeks ago in the car I found myself thinking about my health and some of the issues I've had with it and I found myself saying 'you know little one your momma isn't put together very well, you should think about trying to put yourself together better, you'll be thankful in the long run'

Course then I realized what I said and did and almost had to pull over I was laughing so hard.

From then on whenever I'm in the car musing about baby and life I tend to do it out loud to the spout. Yesterday we were talking about science vs holistic therapies. :wacko:

I couldn't do it with my daughter I felt like a weirdo! I don't think babies can actually hear you until over 20 weeks I can't remember the exact week. But I think it's good for bonding :) x

I notice that I'm rubbing my belly a lot more often and sometimes I'll whisper "I love you little bean" at random times. I think once I get my first scan in a couple of weeks I'll become more attached than I already am. :)

I don't have a discernible bump yet, I think I'm just getting fat. My pants barely clear my hips so even the hair tie trick still gives me muffin top.

I'm ashamed to say I haven't really bonded yet. I thought I would after seeing the heartbeat. I don't know what's wrong with me.
We were never actively ttc, just not preventing. I remember one month I DID bond and even wrote my baby a letter...but there was nothing in there! I don't know why I was so convinced I was pregnant that month but I was in love with something that wasn't there...so I don't know why I'm almost in denial about this one which is definitely there.

Either reality struck too hard, or it hasn't struck at all yet.

Sometimes, when I'm cuddling with my dogs, I rub my belly and tell them there's a baby in there and talk to them about being big sissies.

I don't have a discernible bump yet, I think I'm just getting fat. My pants barely clear my hips so even the hair tie trick still gives me muffin top.

I'm ashamed to say I haven't really bonded yet. I thought I would after seeing the heartbeat. I don't know what's wrong with me.
We were never actively ttc, just not preventing. I remember one month I DID bond and even wrote my baby a letter...but there was nothing in there! I don't know why I was so convinced I was pregnant that month but I was in love with something that wasn't there...so I don't know why I'm almost in denial about this one which is definitely there.

Sometimes, when I'm cuddling with my dogs, I rub my belly and tell them there's a baby in there and talk to them about being big sissies.

Don't worry about not bonding yet. The only reason I'm so attached to mine is because of all the losses I've had - I'm just trying to enjoy it as long as it lasts.

I'm purposely not letting myself become attached yet. I've seen a heart beat, but until my 12 week scan, I'm playing it safe. I had a loss in October.

I will say that during my two week wait, I was pretty sure I was pregnant, and I remember saying out loud "please be in there!!" And "please stick!" Once I found out. But nothing since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->