Tampons 3 Weeks after Birth (UPDATE)

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
Im still bleeding... three weeks after birth. Ive been a good girl this whole time, using those terrible pads and the bleeding has lightened up. But the holidays are coming, and I would love to wear a nice dress I have. But I have to wear a thong with it for the panty line. and To wear a thong, I cant have a pad.

Any ladies out there have any experience with using tampons after birth?
I know its not recommended, but im curious. Its also not recommended to have sex but hey, thats happening.

Any experience would be awsome.
A little backstory: Birth was easy. Light tearing but it didnt even reach a degree. Body feels just fine. Dr. refuses to check me until 6 weeks so I cant get an update

Hmm three weeks after birth I would personally be shitting myself to put anything up there! :haha: I mean at that stage I was still at the stage where I was too scared to sneeze or fart! :haha: But I did have some tearing and grazing and had to get stitches so maybe that is why it took longer for me? I would say if you are already comfy enough to have sex I don't see what harm a tampon for a few hours would do, but I would only really do it that night and wouldn't make a habit off it till you got checked over properly! But I am a super paranoid person and would be scared that a tampon could somehow cause an infection or something!? :dohh: haha

Sorry if that was a shitty answer :dohh: I didn't want to read and run haha :flower:

Did you end up using a pad or tampon? I'm only 8 days in and am already wanting to switch to tampons. I can't handle these pads much longer, feel like I'm wearing a nappy :blush:

I would wait the 6 weeks, thats what they told me anyway, but it's been awhile since baby days..:winkwink: I would wait.. I know it's hard, but I wouldn't risk it.. XO good luck and Congrats!!! <3

UPDATE: used a tampon for Christmas. Was very strict on changing it every four hours. And everything went fine :-D now, it did lightly ache to have something against my cervix, however it worked beautifully because my cervix was sitting ridiculously low. However when I pushed in the tampon, it pushed my cervix back up! Has stayed up since then so I'm a happy camper. Now I only used it that one day. Went back to pads after just in case, and every bodies different so I don't know how it would work for everyone but it was great for me!

Your cervix is still healing. That's why tampons and sex are no nos

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"