Tantrums at bedtime!

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Please someone help - I'm near tearing my hair out.

Noah used to be great at bedtime, he would drink his milk and go straight to sleep. Over the last say week so soon as we put him in to his cot he screams, he'll drink some of his bottle but then throw it on the floor and just scream and shout. He'll do it for nearly 2 hours. When we go in to him he just laughs and tries to play but then screams when we leave him.

I dunno what to do - I'm trying to stick with it and leave him but its soooooo hard listening to him scream. He's not crying he just screams.

Ahhhhh - anyone else have any advice?

TY xx

Does he have a comforter or a teddy hun?

Neither of mine have had them so im not sure if it would work or not, but maybe having a teddy in his cot with him might stop him feeling "lonely" ?
Or a night light? Both of mine love theirs and i thought "a light? that'll keep them awake" but it soothed them both to sleep and they still have it now.

Is the little man napping during the day hun? I've found with Katie (and her & Noah are very similar in age) the last say month - 6 weeks if she naps for more than 1 hour she won't sleep when she goes to her cot :dohh: I find if she only has 1 hour or less she is fine :shrug: It could be their age though :hissy: Katie has got uber clingy the last few weeks :(

I agree, don't let him nap for too long in the day. Bethanie still has a nap and if it lasts too long, she will chat until 11pm or later sometimes. She isn't screaming though, that must get very frustrating.

Have all his teeth come through yet?

We normally leave the bedroom door slightly ajar so theres a little light coming thru - he does also have a night light on the monitor. He's never had a comfortor or teddy - if I do put a teddy in he normally throws it out!! I did attempt a teddy tonight and pretended it was a baby saying 'arrr, good baby' rocking it and lying it in the cot - all noah done was try to feed it his bottle :dohh:

Sometimes he naps in the day - if we go out he normally falls asleep in the car (which I can't help) in the day I'll put him for a nap if he gets whiney, he doesn't normally sleep for more than an hour tho!

He does have one teeth coming thru but he's not crying with pain or anything, he's doing the 'I want my own way/attention' cry.

:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->