Tantrums with feeds

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Its becoming impossible to feed Caitlin without her screaming the place down she gets so far in and starts crying - burp her then try again and screams - even tried giving her a break! Getting maybe 4oz down her with each feed but afterwards she still appears hungry but try to put the bottle back to her mouth she throws herself back and so on :dohh: then I'll put her down and she'll chew her hands or the bib coo and ooooo away!!

Any ideas :hissy:

Noah does it, he get's really frustrated when he's having a bottle. He throws himself back and moans, I've started sitting him on my lap facing outwards and feeding him that way. Think he just wants to see whats going on really!

are you still using the size 1 teats, maybe should try using 2, so the flow is faster....

Nosey but still won't have her bottle lol

Caitlin was on teat 1 then was advised teat 2 I even brought her back to 1 when she started feeding/sucking better then back to teat 2 couple of week later now shes on teat 3 already - shes a lazy drinker and thats been obvious from day one but not with tantrums lol

Maybe feed her before shes asking to be fed? (if that makes sense)

Maybe flow 3 is a little too fast? Bethanie seemed to refuse the bottle when it was flowing too much for her. The only other things I can think of are trapped wind and that she has had enough.

Oliver has just started doing this also..Maybe using the wrong teats for her? Or more likely perhaps she'll need weaning very soon? We cant seem to get Oliver's teats right, one and two seem too slow but 3 is too fast. We got him some that allow him to control how fast he takes his milk, seems to have worked but i still reckon we'll have to wean him shortly. Have you spoke to HV? There's also the possibility of her having abit of reflux? xx

I think maybe it could be the teats are a little too fast for her, like already suggested.

The reason I say this is its because its what Frankie does when my milk is coming too fast for her....She's hungry and has a go, then gets pissed off that my milk is coming too fast...throws her self backwards and has a cry, decides she is still hungry and then tries again...this is a repeat pattern before my milk and she settles.

Only other thing I would think it could be is wind or shes not in a comfy position....sometimes with Frankie when she is tired, I have to feed her and rock her/ jig her around. I know its the jigging she is after as she cries when I stop. It must be some sight to behold! lol

Take alook at these:

Sandifer's Syndrome 1

Sandifer's Syndrome 2

And tell me how they compare?

The first is sandifers syndrome... my LO suffers from these moments. And the second looks more like typical back arching.... The difference is here.

It is more likely to be typical 'back arching' though.... both are coursed by reflux. More than half of babies are born with some form of reflux... that they just grow out of. When babies are experiencing abdominal pain or discomfort, they will often arch their backs or draw up their legs, and become very upset. With reflux people assume they all 'spit-up', but not always, there is silent-reflux.... It could of course be just really bad wind, which also courses this discomfort.

Have you tried colief? or Infacol? I've heard some Mothers swear by them....

Weaning has been known to help reflux but I wouldn't advise before 6-months, so just alittle bit of cereal in her feeds can help keep it down. Sometimes it can make it worse, others think it is the best thing they ever did.... It is just trial and error.

If it is causing your LO and you alot of distress I would go see your doctor though.

The first is sandifers syndrome... my LO suffers from these moments. And the second looks more like typical back arching.... The difference is here.

It is more likely to be typical 'back arching' though.... both are coursed by reflux. More than half of babies are born with some form of reflux... that they just grow out of. When babies are experiencing abdominal pain or discomfort, they will often arch their backs or draw up their legs, and become very upset. With reflux people assume they all 'spit-up', but not always, there is silent-reflux.... It could of course be just really bad wind, which also courses this discomfort.

Have you tried colief? or Infacol? I've heard some Mothers swear by them....

Weaning has been known to help reflux but I wouldn't advise before 6-months, so just alittle bit of cereal in her feeds can help keep it down. Sometimes it can make it worse, others think it is the best thing they ever did.... It is just trial and error.

If it is causing your LO and you alot of distress I would go see your doctor though.

My son has reflux too, that video is EXACTLY whats happens when we feed Oliver, its horrible. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->