Tap Water

Natalie&Karl

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Quick question....

How many of you give your baby's tap water?

If you do, do you also make their milk feeds from tap water....?

i didnt give rhys water out of a tap until i stopped steralizing his bottles... which was about 6-7months old.

*edit* then yes i made his feeds from tap water

yeah mia's going on 7 months, so you think its ok? should i make her milk feeds from tap water too?

i edited my reply... yes i did make his feeds from tap water too

Ohhh rather than boiling the water up first?

Mine drink tap water and I don't sterlise anything anymore so it seemed a bit odd boiling water up for formula. Have I got the jist right?

You still make their bottles from boiling water Helen?

I don't think I'd be keen to give Moo tap water without boiling it first until she was past a year! - Personal choice though it would seem & the fact we bought a filter kettle because the water seems a bit akky here!

We sterilised Bethanie's things until she was 6-7 months old and she drank boiled water until about 10 months or so. She now has tap water, baby fruit juice, the odd cup of decaf tea and tap water.. but I prefer to give her bottled to be honest.

We used to make her milk feeds from tap water, because we were boiling it.. she now drinks cows milk though.

Just incase I didn't make sense - milk that is made up from water will be boiled first and cooled. We won't drink the tap water straight from tap (very occasionally we do) so won't be letting her I guess.

Cold water filter is on the to get list!

You still make their bottles from boiling water Helen?

Yeah but then I'm new to this formula lark and I don't really know what I'm doing! They drink tap water cold but I wondered whether we really need to boil the water that makes up Charlotte's formula milk or just warm up tap water...

See with us we notice the difference between filtered kettle water & water thats not filtered with a brew! Areas water wise are different though :D - Which in short is why I'm set on keeping to kettle water atm (here anyway).

My OH's sister told me its better to give them tap water. Yeah, it's supposed to be 'bad for us' but her pediatrician told her it has lots of floride in it, which they need for their teeth.
With her two boys, the first she gave tap water too, the second she gave bottled water too. The first is 6-7 and has great teeth. The second is only around 3 and already has seven cavities. They dont eat any different or anything either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->