tattle tales at school with my son

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

N1kki

I'm 31 weeks preggers stressed and upset to my core my son is being singled out.:cry:Well heres the problem my son just happens to be in the wrong place wrong time when it comes to his break and lunchtime.His friends and some other kids seem to be saying my son has done something when he hasn't,for example he got pushed over by someone then the other child said he called them a s**t,and my son pulled a drain cover out,and knocked someone over on purpose when was an accident.

The kids get reward time of 30 mins at the school if they do something wrong this time is taken away it could be anything from 5 mins at time to more.Now i was told unless someone physically hears or see's my son doing something wrong and is told on by another child he would be left alone.But this hasn't happen and its only the 4th week back to school in the year.I sat down the 1st week back at school with the headteacher and everything was rosey after our discussion for the 1st and 2nd week now it just seems CRAP again!](*,)My son is a smart,he doesn't fight or swear and his work is of the highest grade and standard.:amartass:

So my question is why does the teacher/dinner ladys never believe my son even when he strongly protests his innocence like i've taught him?:shrug:

Im sorry i cant think of any other way to word this but is there not a chance your son is acting up at school?

I'm sorry to have to say this but what parent wants to hear negative things about their child? i remember lying to my mother about certain things at school at that age and her defending me readily. how do you know for sure he didnt do these things? just beacuse he is telling you he didnt?

most children will deny the fact they have done something wrong as they dont want to get in trouble.

I agree with Kala and Smelly.

Most parents want to believe the fact that their children can not do no wrong, I have seen it many a time while working at various schools over the years.

Children being disruptive, bullying etc to other children. Yet their parents so want to believe their child is an :angel:

Have you wondered why the other children are saying these comments about your son? If it's not just one child saying it then why are others saying it also.

Remember children around your son's age lie to protect themselves from being punished by their parents.

sorry to disappoint you ladies but my son is well behaved at home i dont have to shout at him ever,he gets on with everything no fuss or answering back even when younger not once had he thrown a tantrum,hes never sworn at anyone since hes been able to talk from nursery till school now.I just hope hes not gona go down the path of some of the other boys his age 7 and start becoming trouble.

In your first post you said the teachers didnt believe your son etc and last post you said the teachers tell you he walks away and gets on well with everyone and walks away from trouble........so whats the problem?

How old is your son? Sounds like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other to me? Kids will be kids. :shrug: Do you feel your son is being bullied? xxx

Doesn't ring true to me either, I think you to need to dig a bit deeper.

No child walks away from difficult situations all of the time; most adults can't even do that!

yeh thats the prob some teachers have believed him,but seems to be a couple of the older generation teachers that seem to think differently especially with the boys in his year some of the other mums have the same concerns i have that their being to harsh on them and not believing their kids either.He certainly isnt being bullied,one of his friends has told me he wasnt involved in the drain incident so i've got proof there,asked the teacher who took his 5 mins away to restore them.So i will just have to wait and see how things pan out this week.

I'm hoping another chat with his teacher may help put my mind to rest on friday,i know all kids can have difficult moments and no ones an angel,I just don't want to feel disappointment as the 1st time when he did genuinely knock someone over by accident when they were all playing tag,i felt like i'd failed as a parent. :(

Is this bothering your son at all? Is he coming home upset about it or is he fairly ho-hum about the whole thing? If it's not bothering him, I'd just let it be. If not, then do try and talk to the teachers again.
Do remember though, when kids get together with their friends, they can often do stuff that they wouldn't normally do when by themselves. If his own friends are dobbing him in on stuff he hasn't done, as you say, that's really sad, hopefully he'll find friends that are more loyal soon.

yeh i've had words with one of his teachers i'm happy to report he wasnt involved in the drain incident i found out this morning.But me and his dad will be sitting down and having a chat with him when he gets home from school.

thankyou for all your advice ladies :)

Glad to hear your son has been good :thumbup: I know I might have been harsh but I think now is the time to have a long conversation with him. He could be being bullied or it could be the other way round.

Hope you get your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back