Tattoo Meanings

J

Jade--x

I was talking to a friend who's just graduated and now think they're a body language and psychology expert :dohh: who decided to analyse me and mentioned some interesting things about my tattoos!

I have arabic writing on my back in memory of my grandad because I was unbelievably close with him and devastated when I lost him and I still miss him every single day. And I chose to have it on my back because I really wanted one there and it was unusual and coverable..But she came out with it's on my back because I'm not the most trusting person and I've been through a lot in my past and it's symbolic that my grandad's spirit is watching over my back and to prevent backstabbers and 'as my back' kind of thing.

I've never thought about it that way but now I'm actually thinking it makes some kind of crazy sense to me :dohh: :haha:

Does anyone else have any meanings to their tattoos?

I have one behind my ear, My sister left for the USA and got the same one. It was a dedication to her. I have one on my back, that's a variation of one my Mum has. I wanted it to be similar in tribute to her, but wanted it more my style. Then I have symbols of my sisters birth years on my arm, and paw prints because I needed a tattoo that was for me/showed who I am - Real animal lover. They all mean something to me individually.

My tattoo is my daughter's name in Japanese kanji characters.

her name means: love, travel and intelligence

1 - My name and a heart on my foot, because no matter who comes in and out of my life I will always be her.
2 - A butterfly swirly design on my hip because I fell in love with it
3 - A bow on my wrist again, because I love it - very girlie.
4 - My 'when you wish upon a star...' quote on my back - this means more to me then anything, represents my whole childhood and how I still beleive that dreams really do come true...

xx

I have:

1.) Paw prints going up my back! I had it done when i was 17 and although i wouldn't change it i wouldnt have it done now!
2.) four stars and a swirly pattern on my foot - my nan dies and left me some money and i decided to use some of it to get a tattoo so i would always see it and remember my lovely nan!
3.) My LO'S birthdate in roman numerals on my wrist. I had this done last year and its my favourite one - it always makes me smile when i look at it as it makes me think of my little Megan!

Ive got rosery beads wrapped around my wrist-hate it, im not even religous, i got it because they where in fashion..
Ive got a pirate skull and crossbone portrait on the inside of my arm-hate it, i got it to cover up FOB's name i had written in arabic
A daisy chain round the top of my arm- my first tattoo had it when i was 16.. also hate that haha

i have a dolphin on my lower back, i got it as i love dolphins
i have a rose on my ankle again purely because i love roses
alys mae and a butterfly on my ankle because thats what reminds me of her
and i have lainey on my wrist
stars and swirls on my feet, purely a trial as i did it myself lol
and lastly my initials on my shoulder, biggest mistake and was a teenager, going to get a good cover up xxx

I also have one on my back, it is a star with my daughter who died name in a scroll.

I have a sort of vine on the outside of my right arm, with one blue butterfly and three pink, they represent my children but need to get a fourth pink put on.

Next on the inside of my left arm I am getting, 'Sisters dancing upon the stars' with Honey's footprint at one end and Riley Rae's footprint at the other end and stars around it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->