Tax credits are so bizarre!

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
Got my claim form back after renewing for Roman and theyve gave me £220 more a month :shrug: BIZARRE. He does't cost £200 but I've been struggling a bit lately cos I've had to find £250 for amelies nursery fees so now theyre basically being paid for 100% by my tax credits :)

Nice bit of news before Christmas :happydance:

I know!

I didnt update my wage cos Im on mat leave so it'll prob go up again next year when Im back at work and I'll get a lump sum :dohh: They never give you money when you actually need it!

I've changed circumstances before and then you call them ask what your new payment will be and they randomly give you a lump sum!xx

i hate tax credits.. they're dicks for changing their minds and telling you that you owe them back again!

Yup! i got £53 p/w extra when i had Romane .. just stayed in my bank and paid the deposit/months rent in advance on our new house x

i hate tax credits.. they're dicks for changing their minds and telling you that you owe them back again!

i think that shouldnt be allowed :( Fair enough if you made a false claim but if its their problem then you shouldnt be made to pay back money you have probably already spent :dohh:

OH has just had a letter saying they overpaid him and his ex £400 in CTC. WTC i can understand getting wrong cos of earnings etc, but not CTC :shrug:

They did it to us but we contested it... they still didnt listen so we took it to our MP. They soon cancelled it then. If we provide information, you'd expect them to get it right... not our fault if they cock up!

thats fab, i will never understand them either we have had so many over/underpayment notices over the years lol

congratulations on your new baby x

They did it to us but we contested it... they still didnt listen so we took it to our MP. They soon cancelled it then. If we provide information, you'd expect them to get it right... not our fault if they cock up!

Same thing happened to my mum, but she still had to pay hers! Good ners for you though!

:happydance: at the extra money blah, it could have something to do with the nursery fees anyways?

I posted about this in baby club a few days ago...I'll never understand them either! If I work in a good salaried job, we're entitled to nothing and my full salary goes on nursery fees...yet if I give up work and rely on only OH's salary we'll get 120 in CTC and WTC per week :dohh: there's naff all point in me working as can't afford to go in for free!!!

so when you have baby no 2 it goes up by 52 a week:wacko: i hope it does as me and oh have spilt am on income support and ctc but i have to pay an extra 250 ontop of my rent so that would cover that :D such a relife as at the min i cant even afford bus fair :(

Mine went from £10 a week to £59.

Its crazy really as how does a second baby need such a big jump in money?

Yep, mine went from £80 a month to £132 a month (would have been more but we had £600 over payment last year), just updated DH's wage as it will be about £9,000 more than expected because of his new job & TC's credits have gone up to £136.

I'm sure they just randomly pick out figures.

I had exactly the same situation! We got £75 per month when i was working part time and OH full time which to me, was always a bonus.

Now DS is here i renewed my claim and I now get £280 a month?! I called on 2 seperate occasions to check and all is correct. I asjed them to justify why I am getting more than 3x what I was getting for 1 child and all they could say was - its just the way it is!

I sound ungrateful but I wanted to say this is whats wrong with the system! They do not cost £280 a month + £130 CB?

Nice to get something back after paying taxes for 10+ years though!

i think that shouldnt be allowed :( Fair enough if you made a false claim but if its their problem then you shouldnt be made to pay back money you have probably already spent :dohh:

Yeah they just decided I owe a ridiculous amount for their mistake so now i have huge stress and have to send a form back arguing it :cry:

I don't get also how many of you seem to have received lots of extra money when 2nd one arrived, yet when my 2nd was born this year and I updated them they stopped our credits and said we weren't due anymore???? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->