Tax credits are so bizarre!

They're clawing back £200 that they overpaid us in WTC last year. Considering my OH had 4 jobs last tax year and they were all paid per hour I didn't do too bad in estimating income!

They do my head in. But go you . It always nice to have a bit of extra money :)
Love you Avatar btw... how long is Amelies hair?! Cuuuteee :)

Wow, that's fab news :D It's crazy how they do their sums though, makes no sense at all.

Congrats BTW :flower:

xx

I wont understand it either... i started work full time at the end of november and our child tax credits went from £420 a month to over £1k, i guess to cover a percentage of nursery fees?1... i quit my job last week as the kids were ill for two weeks and because i was a temp i wasnt getting paid AND we still had to pay the nursery. Rang up to tell them about the change in circumstances and they said we will still be getting the 1k next month as they have a one month rolling system..... Think we will keep that money aside in case they ask for it back!!!

I get £59 a week and I only have 1 baby. I hope they don't ask for any back because I definatley can't afford it lol x

1st of all congratulations!
I have no idea how much i will be getting extra once the new one comes

hmm this really makes me wonder if its worth me working!

after i deduct the amount we pay in childcare from my wages i hardly bring anything in...

interesting what you say about mat leave changing circumstances. so if i apply the tax year after i've been on mat leave for a year and therefore having not earned much at all for the previous tax year then we may be entitled to something :d

Can't work out for the life of me what I'll be getting when no2 comes or indeed what I should be getting now. Situation is too complex for the calculators, I'm on statutory maternity pay but I've been made redundant so I'm not employed, so shouldn't get help towards childcare, although mat leave is usually treated as employed and therefore childcare help given! Going to have to call them :(

Mine went from £65 pw with one child to £109 pw when baby no2 came along

We get absolutely nothing from them :(. I don't understand it at all, but on the plus side at least i'll not have to pay anything back when they've knackered up the claim :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->