• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tax credits

sproutly2003

Reaction score
I currently work full time, as does my husband so we're not entitled to working tax credits. Once our baby arrives, and my maternity leave is over :-( does anyone know what the minimum amount I'd need to work would be, for us to get working and child tax credits? This is all totally new to me, so I don't have a clue.

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/ pop your details in the calculator and see what comes out. then mess around with it, adding babies, working, not working...that kind of thing.

Child tax credit everyone is entitled to but the amount you receive will be based on your yearly income and they will work it out each year on your previous years income. Working tax credit the minimum amount of hours between you and your husband to be able to receive it is 24 hours per week and they will work out the amount you will receive the same way as I have said above. Hope that makes sense and helps. x

Thank you. So they base it onthe previous years earnings, even if you didn't have a child the previous year, but you do now?

they base it on previous years earnings.....and then if it changes enough they will adjust it.

I've just been on the calculator and my head is frazzled. I think I will have to wait until the end of the tax yr in April, get mine and hubby's p60's then go to the citizen advice and get them to work it out. I want to know how what the minimum hours I can work, to gain the most, and not because I want to screw the system, I just want to spend as much time with my baby as is possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->