Tax rebate!!!

F

FierceAngel

well i just found out tht maternity allowance and Incap benefit are NOT taxable benefits :)

so as i spent the last 11 weeks of the tax year on MA, and the 8 weeks prior to tht on IB.. i only worked half the tax year and therefor earnt only half my annual income but of course paid tax and ni as if i would have worked the whoile tax year,

a quick calculation works out tht im entitled to about £400 rebate :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

just thought id share this in case anyone else in similar sitiuation..

sent my request for a refund yesterday by recorded delivery.. will prob take a few weeks but at least its in process!

will be using it to pay off some of the credit card bill we racked up prior to luisas arrival :)

hows do you apply for it hun? is there a form to complete?

xx

i just wrote a letter to my tax office (find it on your p60) detailing how much i had earnt in the 08/09 tax year and how much tax i had paid..

listed each job with income and tax

gave them the total

and then finished it by saying as my income was under my tax allowance for tht tax year i had no taxable income therefor pls can i have my money back haha

the tax office will issue you a refund eventually even if you dont write to them but it can take a long time..

in 05 i got a rebate for the 02/03 tax year! i didnt even know they owed me money!!!

sending the request just speeds it up.. well it can still take 6 weeks :( but at least i know its being reviewed now!

xx

https://listentotaxman.com/

this is the tax calculator i use....

just add up all income you have had from jobs this year plus any jsa you have recieved.. or any other taxable benefit..

the following are NOT taxable

Maternity allowance
Incap Benefit
Tax credits
Child Benefit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel