tea or supper

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
Ive been weaning due to reflux and giving porridge for breakfast and supper followed by a bottle, however i was wondering if i should swap his supper for something for tea a bit earlier at 5, i give his porridge for supper at 5.45pm then his bedtime bottle at 6.45.

I dont want to disturb his routine or sleeping pattern either but i would rather do whats best for him....so what do you think?

We were giving her last meal at around 6pm when we ate but found she was very farty and unsettled so we moved her last meal to between 4 and 5pm and have found she sleeps better.

When I thought it through I realised that I eat at 6pm ish and go to bed around 10pm so that's 4 hours to digest but I was only giving her 1 hour and putting her to bed at 7pm.

Now she has:

Breakfast 7am
Lunch 11.30/12
Dinner 4/5pm

And will have bottles and fruit or veg snacks between.

I would do whatever works easiest for your schedule. Whether you feed him at say 6 or at 5 probably won't make much difference in terms of sleep in the long run, but it's nice to get in the habit of offering meals at regular times every day as he gets older. If it works for your family that he eats earlier or later, depending on work schedules or other children's schedules or just when he tends to be hungry or awake or whatever, then that's more likely to be the best time. It will evolve in time as things change, but I'd just do whatever works best for you now. We didn't start doing supper until 7 months, but it was around probably 5pm. That was just far enough after her afternoon feed that she was happy to give it a go and after she'd woken from her nap. As she's gotten older, we've had to work that around our nursery and work schedules, so it's a little later now (5:30-6). She also goes to bed a bit later now. If it's not causing any problems, I probably wouldn't change it, but if he's hungry earlier, then yes, definitely offer him something sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->