Tea Tree Oil help! Anyone?!?

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
I looked up the benefits of using tea tree oil when I started breaking out (the prescribed stuff didn't work at all! :cry:) and nothing seemed to get rid of it. I have been using it diluted with water to treat my pregnancy acne and it seems to be working great. Now the only place I seem to have it is on my back. I guess my question is, even though its supposed to be safe to use when diluted and used sparingly is it really safe to use. I am loving the results but I don't want to use anything that might harm my son. There are alot of websites that say its ok to use and then there are alot of sites that say its unsafe. I just dont know what to think anymore. :wacko::dohh::nope:

Personally I think it's fine. I used it during my first pregnancy (I had a tea tree oil face wash and a moisturiser I occasionally used - stuff is magic on acne and blackheads) and my son is absolutely fine. If you're diluting it properly and using it sparingly then I highly doubt there can be any problem. Just don't ingest it as it is poisonous when taken!

Personally I think it's fine. I used it during my first pregnancy (I had a tea tree oil face wash and a moisturiser I occasionally used - stuff is magic on acne and blackheads) and my son is absolutely fine. If you're diluting it properly and using it sparingly then I highly doubt there can be any problem. Just don't ingest it as it is poisonous when taken!

Thanks that is what I read and it I agree its magic on acne! I may never go back to my old topical acne creams. I am diluting it more than it asks for and it seems to be working great!

It's also a great way to prevent lice--put a few drops in your shampoo. :)

how do you use it ive never heard of it really being used for anything for the skin just for after birth really, anyway I have rosacea on my nose I cant use my normal cream from the doctor until after the baby im wondering if I try this now if id see an improvement?

I love the stuff. I have TT oil conditioner which helps with dry scalp and dandruff. My all purpose cleaner is vinegar, water and TT oil. Great antibacterial and antifungal.

how do you use it ive never heard of it really being used for anything for the skin just for after birth really, anyway I have rosacea on my nose I cant use my normal cream from the doctor until after the baby im wondering if I try this now if id see an improvement?

I use it diluted with just plain water in a bottle with a dropper. I think I use about 5-10 drops of Tea Tree Oil in it. As for rosacea I did read that it helps. Best thing to do is google it and see what works best for you.

From a website: It’s best to dilute tea tree oil with water or a carrier oil or water before using it to treat rashes, cuts or acne. Additionally, sensitive skin or not, it is possible to overdose with external use. Tea tree oil should be used sparingly no matter what the application is.

I use it diluted with just plain water in a bottle with a dropper. I think I use about 5-10 drops of Tea Tree Oil in it. As for rosacea I did read that it helps. Best thing to do is google it and see what works best for you.

From a website: It’s best to dilute tea tree oil with water or a carrier oil or water before using it to treat rashes, cuts or acne. Additionally, sensitive skin or not, it is possible to overdose with external use. Tea tree oil should be used sparingly no matter what the application is.

For rosacea I would use it in a carrier oil rather than water. Coconut oil is my go to, but almond, apricot, jojoba, and grape seed oils are also great.

I love tea tree, and actually didn't even think to worry about using it. I mix it with just a little olive oil on a swab and use it in my ears. I'm prone to ear infections and have very itchy ears due to eczema. It's been a MIRACLE for me.

Glad you asked this, and glad it seems safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->