Team Three Plus: Swimming in the Deep~A Gathering Place For LTTC-D

Regalpeas

25th hour dash! 38+ trying
Reaction score
Hey there. :hi:

This is a group for those LTTC 3 years or more and those with success stories after 3 or more years trying. I call it long term trying to conceive deep in it to win it! ( LTTC-D)
I use 3yrs as a marker because by the 3rd year in, most slowly start to believe pregnancy (for themselves) is darn near impossible!

Here is a place where Active and Alumni LTTC-D alike can share their experiences, give encouragement/advice and get all philosophical about swimming in the deep.

Before posting, please state your age, lttc diagnosis ( if you have one) and a brief background of your ttc experience). Pull on your flippers and wade awhile. :flower:

I'll start :haha: since this will most likely be a slow growing group.:flower:

Hi again, I am RegalPeas!

Age:34 Dh is 43 Neither have ever been pregnant to our knowledge. Trying for #1.

DX: Male factor sub-fertility, Post Myomectory Surgery, Low AMH 0.5

Months before our wedding I was rushed to the hospital to find I had a fibroid (about the size of a orange) in my uterus that was causing all sorts of problems. Yes, yikes!
Later on I would find it was the rarest type of fibroid Submucosal which research shows aids in the prevention of embryo implantation during pregnancy. Yes, SUCKY news.
In 2010 I had it removed. We started trying 1 months 1/2 later. About 1 1/2 years later, with no such luck of pregnancy in any form, DH went to see a urologist who diagnosed him with bad sperm on all counts.:cry:
Since then we have been in and out of treatment being denied mostly because of his count and my weight. Recently we found a clinic who would accept us. There I was told I have extremely low AMH for a woman my age. :cry: Praise God! We are now in the 2ww of our 2nd IUI.

Here to chat, talk , support, learn, grow and become a mother. :
)

Ok,I guess I'm next .....

My name is Nightnurse
I'm 35+ DF is 41
Together for 15 years
NTNP for 12 seriously LTTTC 4+ years
Never been PG as far I know

DH may have issues but living in the caribbean its hard to get answers

Did 2 so called SA's but when I looked at the results no where on it says how the swimmers are,so I assume in the word of his doc that they maybe be a problem ,but he says he does have some sperm,god I only need 1
I had bloods done and all is well there

In 2011 I asked my GP if I could try clomid,

2011 did 3 round of 50mgs clomid = BFN
2012 did 3 rounds of 50mgs clomid = BFN
2013 did 4 rounds of 100mgs clomid =BFN

even tried Soy Isoflavens = BFN

Now here we are in 2014 waiting for AF to start to try 5mgs of Femara

NN thanks for stopping by and sharing. It is a shame the clinic didnt give conclusive answers to your dh's result. When will he start vits? Hope he is better than my husband with taking them.

Np thats what friends are for right?,I dont know about health care sometimes,he says if he has to he'll go get another SA ,i'm hoping that we wont have to though,I didnt get the vits as I passed up them from the pharmacy knowing that a supermarket would have them cheaper,I was wrong,by the time i had finishes looking around I was too close to get the bus so couldnt go way back there,so I told him get it and make sure to take them early,he said ok,but I forot to call him and ask him if he got them,he has no problem with taking herbs or vitamins and is a health nut in that aspect,but his back was hurting and I had to beg him to take paracetamols,lol

That's good that he will go on his own. I hope he had the opportunity to get them but moreso hoping this is your bfp month. :Happydance:

What has given you the faith to keep going with ttc?

For me, each time that I gave up it didn't feel right.

Sometimes, I curse the day I ever took birth control. Seems so foolish in retrospect.

I'm suppose to ask more people to this thread. I wanted to put it in LTTC but was told if pregnant women will post actively in a thread outside of journals then it should be in groups.

Hi all, thank you so much for the invite :flower:

I'm feisty, DH and I are both 28 and have been trying for almost 4 years.

We have had three SA tests, lap and dye, ovulation checks, ultrasounds and have been lumped into the category of unexplained infertility :(

We have been lucky enough to fall pregnant twice, but we lost both at exactly 6+1 which leads me to fear we may have some problems maintaining a pregnancy. I have asked to be tested for our miscarriages, but our NHS states you need to have at least 3 losses before they will carry out any tests.

This year we are just getting back into the swing of things after a forced period of WTT due to illness

:)

Fiesty, Welcome and thanks for joining in!

Sorry for your losses. :hugs:

Seems harsh that the limit is 3. 2xs especially consecutively seems to warrant further investigation.

Have your docs tried progesterone in the past? I had a friend on here who had about 5 miscarriages before 2 sucessful pregnancies on progesterone and another drug.

Either way I hope your time is coming. It has been long enough for all of us! <3

Thanks for the invite Regal. I am 33 dh is 34. Have been lttc for 3 years now. Dh tests are all okay. I was diagnosed with bilaterally blocked tubes in early 2012. Lap in April'12 unblocked tubes but was diagnosed with tuberculosis of the uterus. Was put on medicine for 6 months to cure the infection. In 2013 went with 4 perfect cycles of iui but all failed. HSG shows patent tubes. Currently all our tests are great but no bfp. Starting ivf on 31st Jan. I'm on my phn. Plz excuse the errors if any. Good luck to all you lovely ladies. We really deserve to become mommies now.

Hey ladies!!! Not sure if this is where I belong or not so here is my story.....

Me 29 dh 38 married for 10 1/2 yrs. we have a 10yr dd and started ttc the month she turned 1. Tons of bfn later I decided maybe I should go to dr, he never told me what was going on and just put me on clomid but didn't explain anything to us (so frustrating). 2 cycles of clomid and I was so frustrated and we took a break from the meds.... In 2011 we took on raising a friends 5 week old baby and raised her for almost 2 years before they took her back. During the time we had her a family friend approached us about knowing someone who was looking for a family to adopt her baby we were sooooo excited to be getting a baby, then we found out it was a boy, omg a baby & it's a boy, so super excited. About 3 weeks before her due date she text me to tell me she decided to go through an agency and not do a private adoption & that she had already pick out the family. We were so DEVASTATED:(
So oct 2013 we decided to go back to the dr but picked a better one, he told me that I had pcos and needed to loose some weight so I goined a gym & lost 50 lbs. 2 rounds of clomid but only 1 where we actually got to bd and I got that long awaited bfp, super excited. Then I started spotting and at almost 11 weeks I had a mc, once again crushed.
So now I am about to take my 2nd round of clomid since my mc. I seem to have a TON of side effects to it also...

Our dd ask all the time for a brother or sister and it just breaks my heart that we haven't been able to give her one yet:(

So in total we have been ttc for right at 9 years and had 1 loss.

Thanks for the invite Regal. I am 33 dh is 34. Have been lttc for 3 years now. Dh tests are all okay. I was diagnosed with bilaterally blocked tubes in early 2012. Lap in April'12 unblocked tubes but was diagnosed with tuberculosis of the uterus. Was put on medicine for 6 months to cure the infection. In 2013 went with 4 perfect cycles of iui but all failed. HSG shows patent tubes. Currently all our tests are great but no bfp. Starting ivf on 31st Jan. I'm on my phn. Plz excuse the errors if any. Good luck to all you lovely ladies. We really deserve to become mommies now.

Hi Anne Welcome and thanks for joining in! Best wishes on starting IVF! Only a few days to go. Please update us with your progression!
Sorry you've had to wait so long and go through so much in the process, but hoping this is it for ya. :flower:

Hey ladies!!! Not sure if this is where I belong or not so here is my story.....

Me 29 dh 38 married for 10 1/2 yrs. we have a 10yr dd and started ttc the month she turned 1. Tons of bfn later I decided maybe I should go to dr, he never told me what was going on and just put me on clomid but didn't explain anything to us (so frustrating). 2 cycles of clomid and I was so frustrated and we took a break from the meds.... In 2011 we took on raising a friends 5 week old baby and raised her for almost 2 years before they took her back. During the time we had her a family friend approached us about knowing someone who was looking for a family to adopt her baby we were sooooo excited to be getting a baby, then we found out it was a boy, omg a baby & it's a boy, so super excited. About 3 weeks before her due date she text me to tell me she decided to go through an agency and not do a private adoption & that she had already pick out the family. We were so DEVASTATED:(
So oct 2013 we decided to go back to the dr but picked a better one, he told me that I had pcos and needed to loose some weight so I goined a gym & lost 50 lbs. 2 rounds of clomid but only 1 where we actually got to bd and I got that long awaited bfp, super excited. Then I started spotting and at almost 11 weeks I had a mc, once again crushed.
So now I am about to take my 2nd round of clomid since my mc. I seem to have a TON of side effects to it also...

Our dd ask all the time for a brother or sister and it just breaks my heart that we haven't been able to give her one yet:(

So in total we have been ttc for right at 9 years and had 1 loss.

Hi Ajksand! Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story. Sorry for your loss.:hugs: You've been through so much, but are staying strong. I hope clomid works for you again bring about that sticky bfp!

Question of the Week:

What gives you the strength to keep at LTTC despite so many setbacks?

If you have your own questions feel free to ask. :)

I guess its just one thing that still gets me going. The unflinching desire to become a mommy and hold a new born in my arms. I think that will be bliss for me. What about you all?

Same here. DH and I have taken periods to NTNP kind of letting things flow. During those time it just felt like it was meaningless for us not to give it our all. We go back and forth with this by the way. But like you said an overwhelming desire to be a momma has helped me to endure cycle after cycle.

We're you nervous to do IVF?

Oh yes I am very very nervous. I start my first shot for down regging this Thursday. I'm praying fervently that everything goes well :)

When is your IUI#2?

I am praying the same for you! :hugs: 2nd IUI was last Monday. I test next Monday if AF has not shown.

Trying to stay positive. It's hard though when all I've ever had is bfns. :(

Regal I shall pray for you too hun. Fingers crossed. Are you unexplained? How many iuis did your FS recommend? I was asked to do 5 and then move on to ivf. But I was done and dusted with 4. I made a conscious decision to move to ivf after my 4th iui failed. Both dh and I are healthy but we are so infertile:cry: everybody around me are pregnant with their 2nd/3rd child. Its so difficult to keep myself sane at times.

Fiesty I guess I was secretly stalking you in some other thread. I am so sorry of what you have had to go through hun. Nobody deserves a baby more than you do. Just to give you hope. One of my cousins went through 2 early miscarriages in 2011. Now she is expecting her first baby this March. Miracles do happen.

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining

Name: Amy
OH: 27
Together: 9 years
LTTC: nearly 4 years now

Never been pregnant. Been through all the tests. My side all clear OH has low count and motility. Only option is ICSI/IVF which we postponed until after our wedding which isn't far away now!

Welcome everyone,so sorry for the losses and good luck and your current journeys I hope we all have some success stories to share soon and please feel free to update us with what is going on

What potivates me to keep trying ?

My tons of neices and nephews about 20 of them and 3 greats as soon as their are born my mommy instinct kicks in and I am their primary care taker until their are in their teens then I'm the one they can come and talk to and get a creative voice,but everytime I hold one of these babies in my arms I am reminded why I cant wait to experience this for myself

currently I am caring for my 2 year old nephew and when its nap time and we cuddle and he falls aslep in my arms their is no greater joy at that moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->