Team yellows.. nursery decorating?!

nikki79

Reaction score
Up to know we are staying team yellow (this may change at 20 week scan tomorrow :wacko:) I'm really struggling to find any gender neutral bedding I like and have no idea what colour to paint the nursery. It is a really bright south facing room so don;t want to go yellow.

What have you decided to do with your nursery?

Nik

Hi there,
We are team yellow too and have stayed that way even after our 3d scan! We have gone for the Herb's Garden range by lollipop lane as I really liked the bright blues, reds and greens alongside the neutrals and the outdoorsy theme. We have painted the room a neutral brown on the bottom, with cream on the top, and used green carpet to give it the grassy feel.

Bedding-wise I'll be going for bright primary colours as I'm not really into pinks and blues.

I'll try to attach a few pics but they aren't great as they were taken on my phone!

Attachments

• Baby's dresser.jpg
    Baby's dresser.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 60
Oh that pic is rubbish and doesn't do it justice at all!

I really like you nursery. Even if we do find out i still wouldn't buy all pink or blue.

I was thinking of painting a latte colour with a cream carpet, not sure if i'm mad getting a cream carpet!

Were findin out the sex of our baby this time but even then we arnt decorating pink or blue...they have some lovely gender neutral sets in mothercare an toys r us :) were thinking of a jungle theme :) xxx

We painted our nursery a pale creamy colour and the bedding set, curtains etc are all creams and browns - sounds boring but it looks gorgeous! Bedding set was from tesco direct, florence and freddy I think its called and all the accessories I.e rug, lamp, bunting was from next. I think even if we had of found out the sex we would have still gone neutral as it will be ok for future babies!x

We're finding out the sex, but my friend stayed team yellow and she painted the walls a lovely soft green colour and then used yellow/cream accessories with dark brown picture frames and a chocolate brown rug to bring in some depth of colour.

On this link https://www.i-am-pregnant.com/nurseryrooms there's 69 pages of photos of people's nurseries and some of those are gender neutral, might give you some ideas.

xx

We are going with Winnie the Pooh. We'll be painting the room and light green with light yellow accents. :)

i was supposed to find out the sex but someone had other ideas lol. so i am team yellow by the baby's choice.

I'm prob doing a jungle theme, cause animals works with both genders.

I'm not team yellow but had decided on the nursery plan before finding out the gender as I didn't want it to be gender specific. (My room was and it caused me to hate all things PINK! for a good portion of my life lol)

I've decided on a Winnie the Pooh theme with pale sage green walls and white furniture. I really think it is cute enough for either team blue or pink. :)

We're going to find out the gender (I think!!) but I'm not keen on gender specific decoration. I love the idea of green, probably off-set with cream. Don't know if we're going to go for a theme or not but nature or jungle sounds appealing.

We've not started buying anything or really planning the nursery yet but I think I'll start keeping an eye out for options in the shops.

I'm team yellow not by choice, but because they couldn't tell at my scan and I'm probably not getting another!

But I decorated with Winnie the Pooh, and my bedding is brown and green Winnie the Pooh. They have a lot of cute gender neutral bedding with those characters! Of course I'm a brown/green/orange person, I like those colors much better than pinks and blues :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->