Tear in the placenta

kellyintexas3

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Has anyone ever had a tear in the placenta? I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and my doc put me on bedrest the other day because I had some spotting. Went in for U/S and my baby is fine (thankfully), but I have a small tear in the placenta. The baby's heartbeat is only 105 which concerns me, but the doctor didn't seem too worried about that. I'm still spotting a bit so I'm not confined to the bed except for using the bathroom and a really fast shower. Any tips if you've had one? This is my first pregnancy and I'm so scared to lose my baby. :(

Not in the exact same situation as you but I've had a small separation between the placenta and uterine wall. Caused a pretty big bleed so been on bed rest the last week. Had a scan yesterday and it showed its healing nicely so hopefully one more week of bed rest and will be sorted. I really hope you feel better soon. Bed rest is awful but it does help things heal. And from what ive read small tears and separations if allowed to heal really don't carry to much of a risk. Rest and drink plenty, try not to worry yourself too much!

Hi Kelly, at 9 weeks I had a bleed, was taken to the epu where they scanned me and discovered I had a tear in the placenta. I was really upset, convinced it meant I was going to miscarry. The midwife informed me this can happen when the baby is trying to implant but it doesn't work out right and causes the tear. I was told to bed rest (I did this for 2 weeks) and took it really easy, still do actually (hard work with a toddler lol!). I have had a few scans since and they can still see the tear but it is getting smaller, there is also 'brusing' a pocket of blood sitting next to the baby as a result of the tear but they have measured it and know it is getting smaller. I am now 15 weeks and things are still going well, I still worry about it but am slowly starting to relax. One doctor said the tear might always be there they just can't tell. I would continue to rest as much as you can, drink lots of water and try to stay positive about it (easier said than done I know). Maybe ask if they if they measured the tear and ask at your next one for another measurement just so you know it is getting smaller, I found that the most reassuring thing. Good luckx

Thank you so much ladies! Luckily my job is really understanding so I'm on bed rest and hopefully it will heal. The bleeding kind of comes and goes, but its not bad. Thank you so much for making me feel better!! I hope you both have wonderful healthy pregnancies!

One quick question. Did either of you cramp at all? Not much, but just like really faint menstrual cramps?
@willow01
@maryanne1987

Yes, lots! Especially in the first tri. Massively paunful cramps that had me convinced I would miscarry. Had a few periods of cramping since the separation happened to. Doctor said its normal though.

Yes me too. The day before I first started started bleeding a had a few really bad cramps that were different from what I experience that I know now are 'normal' cramping, it was bad enough to make me lie down for a bit. Must admit it makes me a bit worried when I have cramps but I now think of them as a good sign as things are growing!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->