Tear or abrasion in placenta??????

Cassiem

Reaction score
Im 12+2... I just had an ultrasound Tuesday and my baby was bouncing off my uterus... Everything looked great!!! Feeling great then last night I went to the bathroom and wiped and there was blood everywhere!!! I felt nothing... No pain.. No cramps... Nothing.. Headed to hospital to be told baby looks good... Heartbeat 168 but I have a tear or abrasion on my placenta..go home and rest.. Now I sit here and wait for the doctors office to call me praying the bleed stops..... I'm terrified...

Im 12+2... I just had an ultrasound Tuesday and my baby was bouncing off my uterus... Everything looked great!!! Feeling great then last night I went to the bathroom and wiped and there was blood everywhere!!! I felt nothing... No pain.. No cramps... Nothing.. Headed to hospital to be told baby looks good... Heartbeat 168 but I have a tear or abrasion on my placenta..go home and rest.. Now I sit here and wait for the doctors office to call me praying the bleed stops..... I'm terrified...

:shrug: never had this hun, but wanted to give you a :hugs: and hope all is okay, Baby seems okay and you have no pain so thats got to be a good sign xx

Hi, I'm sorry that you're bleeding. Just wanted to let you know that I had a tear/abrasion with my placenta during my sons' pregnancy. It was detected at about 18 weeks when I was getting screened for spina bifida. I also had had a SCH so it's possible that had caused the abrasion. Like you, I had to rest. I was put on modified bed rest which meant I could get up to go to the bathroom, get myself a drink or something to eat, etc, but no lifting, going to work and no long car rides as the bumping on the road can cause irritation.

Did the doctor say how large the abrasion is? Or is that what you're waiting to hear? Mine was considered minimal so I wasn't classified as high risk though I went back every other week for a scan. Mine healed up into scar tissue by about 26 weeks when I could return to normal activity.

One thing the doctor told me that gave me comfort is that the placenta is 25% bigger than what the baby needs so you can lose up to a 1/4 of the placenta and not have any problems.

Oh, and bleeding in the womb can cause your AFP screening tests come back positive. So if you are screening for things like spina bifiida don't be shocked if it comes back as high risk. That happened to me. But ds is fine.

I just had this conversation with my boss this morning. (I know that sounds wierd...) His wife had a pretty good tear because she's an obsessive exerciser. They have a completely healthy baby boy now.

I was just going to ask how a placenta tears...

OP best of luck and get that rest you need!! :hugs:

Hi, I'm sorry that you're bleeding. Just wanted to let you know that I had a tear/abrasion with my placenta during my sons' pregnancy. It was detected at about 18 weeks when I was getting screened for spina bifida. I also had had a SCH so it's possible that had caused the abrasion. Like you, I had to rest. I was put on modified bed rest which meant I could get up to go to the bathroom, get myself a drink or something to eat, etc, but no lifting, going to work and no long car rides as the bumping on the road can cause irritation.

Did the doctor say how large the abrasion is? Or is that what you're waiting to hear? Mine was considered minimal so I wasn't classified as high risk though I went back every other week for a scan. Mine healed up into scar tissue by about 26 weeks when I could return to normal activity.

One thing the doctor told me that gave me comfort is that the placenta is 25% bigger than what the baby needs so you can lose up to a 1/4 of the placenta and not have any problems.

Oh, and bleeding in the womb can cause your AFP screening tests come back positive. So if you are screening for things like spina bifiida don't be shocked if it comes back as high risk. That happened to me. But ds is fine.

How bad was your bleeding??? The hospital DIDN'T tell me how big it was... That's the worst part and the doctors office just told me to monitor the bleeding!!! I told the HOW? When it's barely on the pad and all in the commode???? Every time I wipe the toilet paper is covered in blood and the commode water is dark red!!! I even passed some tissue with a perfect hole in it!!!! i feel like they just sent me home to have a miscarriage!!!!! I'm calling doctor Monday and demanding they get me in to do an ultrasound so I can have more answers... All I have done is cry thinking I'm suffocating a healthy baby by depleting her from oxygen and causing brain damage

I wasn't given any answers by my OB or by my local hospital. I was sent to a children's hospital when my bloodwork came back showing as high risk for spina bifida. It was the doctors there who told me about the tear and all the information on what it entailed.

I bled ALOT throughout my first trimester. Most of the time it was like a light to moderate period but about once a week I would have a huge gush (fill the toilet, clots, etc). I did miscarry a twin at 9 weeks so that added to the blood. I was 14 weeks when I had my last visible bleed though one still showed up on the scans until 26 weeks.

What affects your risk of loss is whether the bleeding is moving out and away from the placenta or whether it is digging its way underneath which can increase the risk of a total abruption. I had the first where the bleeding was moving away so the risk of further damage was minimal.

I hope someone takes you more seriously and gives you more answers. If you start to get any sort of pain go to the hospital and demand a scan. An abruption is a risk to your life as well so they shouldn't ignore you. All the best.

I wasn't given any answers by my OB or by my local hospital. I was sent to a children's hospital when my bloodwork came back showing as high risk for spina bifida. It was the doctors there who told me about the tear and all the information on what it entailed.

I bled ALOT throughout my first trimester. Most of the time it was like a light to moderate period but about once a week I would have a huge gush (fill the toilet, clots, etc). I did miscarry a twin at 9 weeks so that added to the blood. I was 14 weeks when I had my last visible bleed though one still showed up on the scans until 26 weeks.

What affects your risk of loss is whether the bleeding is moving out and away from the placenta or whether it is digging its way underneath which can increase the risk of a total abruption. I had the first where the bleeding was moving away so the risk of further damage was minimal.

I hope someone takes you more seriously and gives you more answers. If you start to get any sort of pain go to the hospital and demand a scan. An abruption is a risk to your life as well so they shouldn't ignore you. All the best.

I'm ready to go to hospital just to get another scan...... Sigh... This has been a horrible weekend!!!

I had a hemmorage and it was also all in the toilet, passed a lot of clotting tissue. It stopped a day or two later and everything is fine.

They say that, if you're soaking through a pad in 1-2 hours, that's when you worry. So you've got a long ways to go before you get to that point. I hope you get some answers.

Try not to panick hun! If the dr said to go home and rest, do as he says. He would tell you if he was thinking you were going to miscarry. Sounds like this is a fairly common occurance. Just rest up as much as you can and think positive thoughts. Call them in the morning and ask for an update. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->