teats

Newt

tiny amphibious salamanda
Reaction score
How do you know whaen LO needs a faster teat.
I am using MaM bottles and they have 1-newborn (slow), 2-newborn/baby (medium) and 3-baby (fast)

Oscar falls asleep half way through his feeds, then wakes up 20 minutes later still hungry, or if he does manage to stay waake he takes and hour to take his feed. So, I was wondering if I should try him on the medium.

whats your experiences? :baby:

Yeah, definitely sounds like he needs a faster flow. Shouldn't take him an hour to eat from a bottle I don't think, and the falling asleep sounds like he's tuckering himself out.

Isis is now taking 2oz's every 3 hours and she's usually done within 15-30 mins with slow flow ones.

i tried tyler on a bottle for the first time the other day using MAM with the the size 1 teat he downed it in 2 minutes lol you can always try numder 2 and swap back if its to fast he's still probably getting the sucking right.

I had a better night sleep last night, the faster teat worked and LO went to sleep straight afterwards :D

Thats great Newt. We did same with Caitlin at a couple of weeks old (Tommee stage 2 med flow teats). We moved her to the next one other week since shes been on those for ages but too fast so looks like stage 2 will suit til 5-6 months :D x

glad it worked for you!

We had the same problem. Colton has some Nuk bottles that had a slow flow nipple on them. We had to get the medium flow ones because he was sucking and sucking for 15-20 minutes and barely got 1oz out, then fell asleep on the bottle. I felt bad for him and didn't give him those bottles anymore until we bought faster nipples. The medium ones worked great for him and he eats from them now just like his other bottles. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->