Teeth question

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
My eldest turned 5 last month and for the last 3 weeks has had two wobbly teeth. The first one fell out today, and the second is hanging by a thread so wont be long in coming out too!
This morning (before her tooth fell out) I noticed her two permanent teeth growing in behind her baby teeth, and they are at a really crooked angle!
Is this normal?

https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/DSC_0939_zpsljtbxast.jpg

Has she ever had a dummy or sucked her thumb? Logan had this with his baby teeth due to thumb sucking. The dentist told him off (nicely! ) and he stopped. The adult teeth seem straighter (still growing through). X

She had a dummy until just before 3, but not excessively, her baby teeth were perfectly straight (the bottom two were just so wobbly the last couple of days that they were all over the place!)
I have a dentist appointment this week so I may take her along and get her to have a look. Hopefully they just need a bit of space to straighten up

I dunno what's "normal" or not but when my dds bottom teeth came in they were exactly straight as her baby ones has been if your concerned definitely check with the dentist x

It is normal, mine have had adult teeth come in before the milk teeth fell out. I know plenty children who have been exactly the same. As they grow older and there is more room they straighten out lot. Baby teeth are smaller than adult teeth so there is not always a big enough gap for them to come in straight, especially if they come in before the teeth fall out. The jaw is not full adult size. One of my boys came in completely sideways and is now almost completely straight. And no, nothing what so ever to do with dummies. Girl never had one and boys was taken away at 14 months and he only had it minimally.

Megan's were like this, really far back and at an angle. I rushed her to the dentist and he said it was totally normal. They have now come forward and are completely straight. Give it a few weeks and you will be able to see then straightening up.

Thanks ladies :)
Her second tooth fell out this evening, yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->