Teeth?? *shiver*

Mapleroo

Reaction score
My first two kids got teeth between 10-12 months, and I don't remember when my third one did. This baby is really "mouthy", has a dummy that he seems to be unable to live without and now will shove his fist in his mouth and go to town on that. Starting to also get some diaper rash. This makes me wonder if he is already starting to teethe...which has me worried about feeding him. BF is so painful in the early days, and while it's all good now, I just can't fathom being ravaged on with those sharp little baby teeth. I'm sure lots of people do it, but wondering about the logistics. Is it painful and you just curl your toes and bare it? Or can you not feel the teeth, unless they chomp down hard? Wean? The whole idea sends chills down my spine to be honest. Would be interested to know what happened once your LO's got teeth??

My wee man cut his teeth at 10mths and now at 12 and 1/2 months has 4 uppers and 2 lower ones. You hardly feel them as the suckling action happens between the tongue and the roof of the mouth. He's never bitten me and if I do feel a tooth then it's an accident

*runs off to touch some wood*

You do hear of horror stories though. He did 'clamp down' at 6months, but I used to cover my nipple and say 'no' very firmly.

.... he bites Daddy though.

Mine had an accidental biting phase when she was around 1 (I think?). It was just like her latch was off at first. It wasn't intentional and she wasn't clamping down, it was more just like her teeth grazing my nipple when she first started nursing. It hurt but only lasted a few seconds. That phase also only lasted a few weeks. I didn't feel her teeth at all as they were first coming in (around 8 months).

She's almost 28 months now and nurses with a full set of teeth. I never feel them.

In order to latch properly she has to bring her tongue forward over the teeth. My lo has 2 lovely pointy bottom teeth (they're always sharp when they're tiny aren't they?) and I've never felt them when I'm feeding her. I've felt them when she bites on my fingers though!

I have an almost two-year-old with a full mouth of teeth and have never even had a tiny nip. In the normal course of things, you don't feel anything from the teeth, and many kids just aren't bitey.

My friend's toddler did get a bit nippy around a year old, but she managed to discourage it pretty easily.

Mine is already a bit chompy with his gums, maybe I'll just need to play it by ear.

My LO chomped with gums but never now she has teeth. She has almost all her teeth now and has only nipped me a few times ages ago by accident. She bit properly once when my husband told her to as a joke as he didn't think she would actually do it :dohh: She was so upset by my yelp :(

My lo got her first tooth at 5mos and I breastfed her for 15 months when she had 8 teeth! No problemo apart from she might give me the odd toe curling bite if she was angry!!

My LO has gone through biting phases. It's not ever intentional I don't think for him. It seems to always be when he's really in pain from teething. He just puts a lot of pressure on me and it does hurt a lot. He started getting teeth at 4 months though and was refusing bottles from about 3 months so not much I could do and I didn't want to wean him at that point. I'm glad I didn't but it does hurt sometimes! I just wait until the phase passes. :( He only has the 2 year molars left to go.

I don't really remember much trouble from the first few teeth. It was more with the later teeth.

My lo had 2 teeth at 4m, I had to slightly adjust the latch as they were leaving indentations on my nipple. But really nothing to worry about. He did nip once, but I unlatched him straight away and put him down at my side for a minute, and he never did it again.

My guy got 2 teeth at 7 months. He bit a couple of times, I believe by accident. I just acted startled and said, "no biting!" After the first couple times (honestly it barely hurt... the first 3 months of learning the BF may have toughened me up!) he never did it again unless he was finished nursing and I was trying to push him to continue. He would start playing around. He now has a top tooth coming in which is SUPER sharp to the touch, but I have yet to feel it while nursing.

It is one of those things that seems super scary, but then when it happens it is no big deal. My LO has had teeth from 4 months. She has 12 teeth now, and is working on 4 more. I have been bitten, but not intentionally. We co-sleep and once in a while as she drifts off, she will chomp down. It hurts, but you get over it quickly. She's never drawn blood or anything. You'll be fine!

It is one of those things that seems super scary, but then when it happens it is no big deal. My LO has had teeth from 4 months. She has 12 teeth now, and is working on 4 more. I have been bitten, but not intentionally. We co-sleep and once in a while as she drifts off, she will chomp down. It hurts, but you get over it quickly. She's never drawn blood or anything. You'll be fine!

"Never drawn blood"! Haha! Didn't think of that, Not sure if that makes me feel better or worse lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->