Teething and diarrhea?

ChocolateC

Reaction score
Does teething (especially first tooth) even go together with diarrhea or loose stools? Sorry for the gross question!

My 10-month-old has had very loose stools for 2 days now, and was even sent home from daycare. BUT he has NO other symptoms, no fever, nothing. He eats and sleeps normally.
I'm pretty sure he's getting his first tooth because I feel it on his upper gum (late teething runs in the family). He drools a lot but then, he's drooled a lot for several months and still has no teeth!
I'm thinking since he has no symptoms other than the very loose stools, many times a day (4-5), that it's not a typical illness and definitely not food poisoning since he doesn't seem to have tummy pain.
Has anyone heard of this? Thanks!!

Yes, absolutely! When teething, babies will produce extra saliva which most will swallow. This will make poo's looser than normal and may even change their colour 😷 Beautiful! The extra saliva may cause a bit of belly ache too.

Are you using anything to help with teething?

Yes. My eldest had terrible diarrea when she was teething.

My 2yo still gets diarrhoea when he is teething a molar, his poo gets a certain smell when he is teething too (Maybe to do with the acid?)

Thanks, ladies. I don't think my first child got it, but it's true that every baby is different. I'm not worried because he seems happy and normal in every way, but it is kind of gross and weird (btw the diarrhea never comes right after a meal, just in between meals, so that also makes me think teething is the culprit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->