Teething, bordem, not going down, etc, small moan from me :(

charlie07

Reaction score
I'm not one to moan, but Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what an awful evening we had last night. It is slowly getting worse. When it comes to going to bed at night, Gabbi is the worst she is at any time in the day. You probably know yourselves, at the end of a long day, the thought of putting your feet up sounds like heaven!!! We leave her to cry, but after 1/2 an hour I can't do it anymore. OH lectured me and said leave her, you're too soft, don't get her, so I reminded him he got her out the other night after 10 minutes so to practice what he preaches!!!!!!!

Now I know there's a big chance that she is starting to teethe, drooling more, more dirty nappies, chewing on everything and anything, and mooooooaaaaaaning. Oh she is moaning all day now. She hardly ever cries and I know we are lucky (cause when she does we know there is something wrong), but all afternoon yesterday, oh it was hard. I am very patient, but by the time OH came home, I was thankful for the help. Normally I'm ok, but it really got to me yesterday.

She has started already!! She also seems to get very frustrated, she gets bored easily, wants to be sat up but she can't do it on her won, she is only 4 months, I have a training ring my sis sent which is great, but she gets bored of that too! When she mastered rolling over, she was great, rolled over here, rolled over there, looking round at everything from a different angle, great. But now, she is so fed up, rolling isn't enough!

Anyway, back on track. Going to sleep during the day is great, she goes in her cot no problem, sleeps, not for long, but she does sleep and if she's not, she keeps herself occupied. BUT at night, oh it's a nightmare, she just won't go down. Then she gets over tired so even if you are holding her, she gets frustrated, cranky, lashing out with her arms, doesn't want to lie down or sit up, even the fish don't entertain her (she loves watching the fish, we put her rocker next to it, hours of fun!!), but last night was the worst by far.

She's on her belly now, seems ok ...... for now. She's so beautiful and I love her so much, has anyone got any secrets they would like to share about teething (I have Bonjela and teething rings), about putting them down at night, about keeping them occupied???? I know it's just all part of the process, every baby is different, this really is the BEST job in the world :)

On an up, 2 days to go before 2 of my best friends come to visit for the first time!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't wait, neither can Gabbi!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

:hug: sorry you're havin a hard time at the moment.

Have you tried massaging that little lumpy bit in the centre of her ear next to her face? Apparently it helps with teething and unclogs the tubes that can make babies restless...I'm currently putting it to the test.

I'm sure your friends will keep gabbi entertained for a little while and you can put your feet up, sounds like you more than deserve it x

Thanks

Not heard about massaging the little bump, I'll give that a go, thanks.

Well last night was just as bad, a nightmare. Finally she went down at 9pm!!! She just wasn't happy in cot, in arms, on shoulder, no where, so hard, bless her. Today, she has thrown up a little twice, had 3 dirty nappies (TMI more runny than normal), slept more (not good if trying to get her to go down well tonight), red cheeks, gone longer between feeds (she's normally good at taking her milk) and she's just gone into nutty mode now I've just put some Bonjela on her gums! She loves the stuff!

She just keeps laughing, not complaining though! We have Baby TV on and I keep turning round to sing to her and she keeps laughing! I didn't think I was that funny!

She has been a little better today, still had her moaning moments, constant, no let up, but then all of a sudden she quiet, so I suppose there's a chance that maybe the pain is coming in waves?! Not sure,.

Anyway, bath night, if she goes into moan mode, I'll try putting her next to the fish tank again, she likes the fish!

Thanks again x

I did try massaging the little bump in her ear next to her face. It did calm her down, BUT I just think she liked her ears being massaged more than anything else!

Another bad evening, she finally went to bed at 8.45, she was thrashing her legs about, it was more of a paddy than anything else, which I didn't like. Now, I know it wasn't the best thing, but I stayed with her, gently shushing, holding her hands and gently stroking the side of her head and face, it seemed to work, but she was also very tired.

She was also spitting up, not quite sick but more than spit, 3 times, I have read that being sick can be part of the teething package. We will see what today brings. We pick my friends up from the airport in 5 hours, can't wait. :)

Well at least it worked a bit! Do thye do anything like baby massage classes over there? she might really benefit from them.

Millie has days when she brings up some fluid aswell, it's not sick but not dribble either. i asked the health visitor and she said it was normal and as long as it doesn't have a nasy colour or odour then she should be fine. she didn't mention about it being from teething but it would make sense. Don't feel bad for having a cuddle even if she was having a bit of a paddy, it's your right to!

Hope you have a lovely time with your friends and Gabbi behaves herself whilst they are over. Enjoy!! x

Hi, no massage classes here!!!! They don't do mother and toddler groups or anything like that either. It tends to be a meeting at a local cafe/bar and sit outside!

Oh and having a fab time with my friends, I think they'll be back again :) Time is going too fast though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->