Teething hell

Willow82

Reaction score
DD has just turned 1 and the last week and a half has been unbelievably difficult. She's got an upper molar which has fully cut which is working its way through and two points of the other upper molar have cut. She also has 2-3 other teeth that are on their way.

She is having a really tough time of it. She's mostly ok during the day but at night, it's a different story. She goes to bed at 7 and then she is waking up multiple times crying. When I go to bed, she somehow senses my presence and cries until I bring her into bed. Even co-sleeping, she is crying, often screaming, writhing around on and off throughout the night. We're finding the only thing that will settle her for a bit is medicine but we seem to be giving her medicine every single night at the moment which I don't want to do. We're not getting much sleep and are so tired,especially as DS has decided to start waking up at 5.

Is anyone else gouing through/or has gone through this? How long did it last for? I need some hope!

My daughter is 6 months and has been a great sleeper-- except when teething! We had a rough couple nights with he bottom 2 teeth coming in and last night was bad too. I'm assuming her top teeth are coming in (otherwise I don't know why she was crying so much last night!). I can't feel the teeth yet so I have a feeling they are still trying to cut through and we are in it for the long hall. I hope the pain passes quickly for our babies.

I do not hesitate to give my kids pain medicine when they are obviously in pain, I understand not wanting to give them "every night", but it isn't every night - just while she is in obvious pain, and I know your DD is young and several nights in a row seems like a large amount, but in the grand scheme of things a few days or a week is nothing.

Molars were awful for DS, he ran a 102+ fever, I thought he was getting sick! Nope, 4 molars at once! We use amber teething necklaces and use infant ibuprofen when needed.

I do not hesitate to give my kids pain medicine when they are obviously in pain, I understand not wanting to give them "every night", but it isn't every night - just while she is in obvious pain, and I know your DD is young and several nights in a row seems like a large amount, but in the grand scheme of things a few days or a week is nothing.

Molars were awful for DS, he ran a 102+ fever, I thought he was getting sick! Nope, 4 molars at once! We use amber teething necklaces and use infant ibuprofen when needed.

Thanks for this. I think a health visitor made me feel guilty for using medicine when I mentioned during her one year check that we use medicine if she seems to be in pain. The HV basically implied that I was giving it her to sedate her regardless of whether she was in pain.

Did the amber teething bracelet make much difference?

Thanks for this. I think a health visitor made me feel guilty for using medicine when I mentioned during her one year check that we use medicine if she seems to be in pain. The HV basically implied that I was giving it her to sedate her regardless of whether she was in pain.

Did the amber teething bracelet make much difference?

Wow, what a rude assumption for the HV! When I took DD to emergency after she broke her leg, the intake nurse said she was glad we gave her pain medication as a lot of parents think it is better not to threat their child's pain. Do not let people (even HVs) make you feel bad, they obviously made assumptions that were untrue. Pain medicine doesn't sedate anyway! It just helps with pain!

With DS, we could tell a noticable difference if we took his off for a bath or something and forgot to put it back on, with DD it is not as pronounced, but I leave hers on in the bath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->