Teething or just getting fussy.

LittleNikki

Reaction score
My son is 7 months old next week, he used to eat anything I gave him and wasn't at all fussy. I weaned him at 5 months due to reflux and introduced meat recently at 6 months. Well for the last few weeks he has been hard to feed he will eat a few spoons then refuse to open his mouth for anymore but will happily eat a yogurt, there seem to be a few meals that he will still eat all of and he still eats his readybrek or weetabix at breakfast.

Yesterday I noticed he has just broken his first tooth (it's literaly just through the gum), so my question is do you think it is the teething that is affecting his eating or is he becoming more fussy since he will still eat certain things?

Possibly! We're going through our second phase of this, and it's times with his top 2 teeth coming through. Could be coincidence or genuinely connected?

Either way it's hard work isn't it! When he's going through this phase we tend to give him more finger foods so he can bite on them whilst getting a bit of food in him, try soft past tubes, cooked carrot sticks, bread/toast fingers etc.

I try to give him finger foods ad he chews EVERYTHING in sight but often he chews it for a few seconds gets upset and throws it on thr floor, the foods he is eating tend to be on the softer side with less chewing needed although he wont eat pasta or will only eat a little. I hope this gets better soon although I think I can see the 2nd lower tooth coming in next to the first 1 hopefully it 9wont take long to come in and he can get some relief.
I have tried as I saw other people recomend and give him teething powder a little while before food which didn't help much even tried baby ibuprofen today coz it was really bothering him and that didn't make much difference either

No unfortunately I've found teething don't do much either, just have to watch them ride it out :-( only other thing I've had to do is increase his bottles a little to make sure he's getting enough nutrients.

End of the day though my theory is that if they're hungry they'll eat no matter what so if he fights it so much I'll just give up as I don't want to associate feeding time as stressful.

I'm sure your LO's appetite will pick up again once the both teeth are through!

Ye thats what I was thinking I dont want him to start hating food time so I try for a little while then give up, it'd noy likr he is eating nothing just very little but be is obviously getting enough as he is still sleeping through and not waking up hungry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->