Tell me about anterior placenta

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
Had my anatomy scan yesterday! Baby was moving all over the place and I only felt the biggest ones, and mentioned how surprised I was that I didn't feel more! And that is when the tech decided to tell that my placenta was in the front and was why I didn't feel much.

So tell me about it. Do movements eventually get strong enough that placenta placement stops impeding feeling? Does it cause any troubles? I've posted a couple times about not feeling baby and was worried and now I know why!

I have an anterior placenta. I did with my DD too. It's taken me a while longer to feel movements and I'm pretty sure there are still times now at 26 weeks that i don't feel her as much as I would like to. But approaching 28-30 weeks, I felt DD a lot and was still able to track movement despite the placenta. It posed no problems in labour or delivery

Hi there! I also have an anterior placenta only feel baby move once in a while, definitely not everyday and usually when I am relaxing laying down on the couch in the evenings. They told me at my 14 weeks scan.

The only time is poses a risk is if it shifts over the cervix, but they will monitor this, if they are just telling you now about it then I would think it is probably in a good position. I have also heard "Old wives tale" that women with Anterior Placenta have worse back labour and pain during pregnancy. Just something to monitor, I did not realize how common it was until I had it! But it can shift so much during pregnancy!

Wishing you a healthy remainder of your pregnancy!

I was also told mine was at the front. The tech told me that it would take longer to feel movements and I wouldn't feel as much. I was a little disappointed as this is my first.

You will still feel baby lots, give it another couple weeks or so! I have an anterior placenta with this one but I didn't have an anterior with my other 2 so I'm able to speak from both sides of the fence ;) he kicks me harder than my girls did a fair amount of the time so you will definitely feel the strong kicks soon enough ;)

Mines at the front too with most movement felt low down and to the sides. Baby does have active days but a lot of the time is fairly quiet. I had an anterior placenta with my first and am sure I felt more movement with him. I'm hoping that this baby will be mellow!

I had one with my second son and I started to feel some movements around 18 weeks but then they were nice and strong by 25 weeks :)
It never caused me any problems either !
(Just browsing second tri for fun lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->