Tell me about your sixteen year old

I've noticed a link between impending gcses and trying to pick fights with me. Last week she started her exams and her mood was much better as she thought shed done well. This coming week she has four exams and she doesn't have a pleasant word to say to me, she's just snapping at me and giving dirty looks. I'm ignoring it because I don't want a fight. Hopefully mid week she might cheer up.

I cant imagine what you must be going through.

I cant really give any advice either. I know when I was young (I'm only 23 now!) but it was the 'cool' thing to drink and do drug and there was a lot of peer pressure but I don't think that's it here its sounds more like she has actual issues :/

I know I used to 'lash' out at y mum a lot, I was an evil child, but then me and my mum never really connected. I think its so important that parents are the parent figure. Have structure from birth right through to adulthood is what kids need, I needed that from my mum and never got it and I think thats why I probably 'hated' her.

But like I've said it sounds like you all need family therapy.

So I can only wish you good luck and best wishes and hopes for the future xxx

Stop buying alcohol for yourself and stop giving her money. Instead tell her to leave you a list of things she wants and you will buy her it. She may not be your daughter but she lives in your house.

being she is your sister and you are a mother figure you are getting the brut of her anger at the world. Her life situation only adds to the normal wear and tear the emotions face between 16 and 19. You should not blame yourself, she will figure it out. all you can do is love an support her. When she says things to you like 'being fat and lazy' tell her to lead by example. if she thinks she is responsible and can take care of her self let her, but let her know it needs to start within the home. Try to make her feel like more of the house holder. Tell her to buy her own dishes and groceries, even try a mini fridge. Always impose lead by example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->