Telling our moms on mothers day.

Angel_blues

Reaction score
Does anyone think this is a bad idea? Neither of our mothers like being in the spot light so I think it would be fine. I just want to make sure that I'm not being selfish?

I plan on giving my mom a card signed with "V & R + 1 due Dec 20' 15" which also happen to be my mothers birthday... For his mom we will be calling her as she lives 6 hrs drive away.

I think its a lovely idea :).You know your mums best so if you think they'll like it I'd go for it :). We told my mum on her birthday- I signed her card from me, DH, DS, DD and baby number 3. She loved it!

That's awesome to hear :) We weren't supposed to be ttc/ntnp until next month so it would be a surprise for her... It will be a complete shock to his mother!

The main reason for telling her on mothers day is that my brother will be there, I don't see him very often at all so it would be nice to see his reaction as well. He's so protective, I'm ALMOST concerned he will accuse my OH of 'violating' me lol but they get along so well so I think it'll be just fine!

I think that's cute, you could buy something that says grandma on it.

Maybe I should add 'grand-' in front of mother on the card lol oh I'm so nervous... 3 weeks to go. I see her every weekend so it'll be difficult to hold back...

Found out today that my grandmother passed away a few days before mothers day 8 years ago... My mother came home alone on mothers day from her funeral. If we do get to tell her, I think this will be an amazing surprise for my mum...

I think its quite a wonderful idea. Why not mail a card out to your OH's mom? I bet she' adore it.

My mom already knows but this year I'm getting her a mug off amazon that says "I'm a grandma, what's your superpower?" Along with the normal things flowers, and a necklace that says "mom" and has all mine and my siblings birthstones on it. My baby will be born not long after mothers day.

If they don't like much to be in the spotlight i don't think it will take away from their special day at all, in fact it'll make their mothers day even more special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->