Telling parents

I would really really want to tell my Mom asap, but I would rather do it in person - hard when we live in different towns. I'd tell most people straight away - if anything goes wrong I'd want their support anyway. My biological father I don't know what I'd do. He doesn't bother much, hasn't come to see me in over a year, but it would still be his first grandchild. Dunno. Maybe wait and do something dramatic like sending a scan pic in a card.

I would really really want to tell my Mom asap, but I would rather do it in person - hard when we live in different towns. I'd tell most people straight away - if anything goes wrong I'd want their support anyway. My biological father I don't know what I'd do. He doesn't bother much, hasn't come to see me in over a year, but it would still be his first grandchild. Dunno. Maybe wait and do something dramatic like sending a scan pic in a card.

I know exactly how you feel! And thats what id do too! Id tell my Mum straight away, we're very close & she'd b great for advice! But id just send my Dad a card or a note with the pic in at 12 weeks!

Not sure, first time i told everyone right away then i started bleeding and was told was having a threatened m/c so thought i would then have to re ring everyone (I live in canada and fam/friends in UK) and tell them i had lost it, but everything turned out fine. So i think next time if i can i will try and wait the 12 weeks but not sure i will be able to hold it in, need to tell work as i work with hazardous chemicals and radioactive stuff and i would feel a bit guilty work knowing and not parents!

I'll probably wait until near 12 weeks to make sure everything is OK. I'm we will tell our parents by letting Connor run around in his big brother T-shirt.

Not sure, first time i told everyone right away then i started bleeding and was told was having a threatened m/c so thought i would then have to re ring everyone (I live in canada and fam/friends in UK) and tell them i had lost it, but everything turned out fine. So i think next time if i can i will try and wait the 12 weeks but not sure i will be able to hold it in, need to tell work as i work with hazardous chemicals and radioactive stuff and i would feel a bit guilty work knowing and not parents!

Thats a similar thing with me, I work with adults with learning disabilitys and only lastweek a staff member had her nose broke and needs an operation. I have to restrain the clients on occasions and that has a risk in its self.

i am very close to my mum and my OH's mum so i would tell my mum straight away (within minutes of BFP lol) and probably visit OH's mum later that day. I would tell extended family-aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and friends after 12 week scan to make sure everythings ok.

I'm going to buy them a grandad and grandma card, or perhaps make one.. I don't care if it isn't their birthday, christmas or easter! :p I think it's just a sweet idea. And I'll be able to watch the realisation hit them slowly, as I don't think they would automatically understand what it's for. :flower:

i still havnt told anyone yet outside my mum, dad, sisters and 2 close friends...im guna hold out until 14 weeks i think...i had to tell my mum...shes a midwife and her support has been invaluable! But we'll probably tell my fiancè's parents with a scan picture in a card next month at 12 weeks...but hand it to them in person to open it and see the reaction! As for my grandparents, aunties, uncles, family friends etc.....think i might just leave that to my mum (or word of mouth) as its guna be a pretty big shock to them all!!!

My mum is going to go batshit crazy, wether I get preg now or at 40 so I'm prepared for that. Because of this past, I want to wait until 12 weeks to tell anyone but our close close friends, then let them know.

But, as has been said, as soon as I refuse a pint I will be busted. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->