telling parents

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
We planned to tell our parents the good news at christmas, but my job is unstable and they know I might lose it, which would not be helpful!! Anyhow, because we didnt know thge outcome of the work situation we decided not to tell them, hopefully I'll know one way or the other in the next week or so, and we will tell them then, they will only worry about the what ifs. Anyway, last night I had a dream that my mum found out by accident and hit the roof, said my OH is no good and disowned me. It's left me wondering if I can just fide the bump for 9 months and claim I found a baby and took it in!! LOL Not sure she'd buy that!

Seriously I'm scared of telling them now. I know its silly but I can't help it.

I was really worried about telling my parents had many sleepness nights but they were well chuffed when i told them. I also dreaded telling my employer and waited until yesterday to do the deed, although they werent overjoyed, they congratulated me etc and everythings fine x

I was scared to tell my daddy. I'm a bit of a daddy's girl and I was worried about disappointing him. We told them when we were down at Christmas and as the OH puts it it went well... OH says, I never heard the shotgun rack up (cock), both my daddy and OH are into shooting.
And my daddy even said that he was happy for me, he knows how long I have wanted a family of my own for.

I think its best you tell them instead of hiding it, believe it or not mothers can be the best support for a mother to be, but its totally your choice honey

There is not a lot of people that know that i am pregnant. Only my o/h and my best friend know just now. I'm too scared to tell anyone else yet. :headspin:

i bet your mum will be delighted!

If there's any time you need your mum it's now! She'll be pleased you turned to her for support i bet. You should try and share theis experience with ehr as soon as possible.

Could she really be angry at you for making her a grandchild? This is a tiny little cute baby you've made - you've not failed an exam. Bet she'll suprize you..

I was terrified but I just did at and they were fine. A bit shocked, but fine.

Theyll probably suprise you, and you probably only had that nasty dream from worrying about it.

I hope it goes ok!

xxx

Scary, isn't it? I told my family right away because they are supportive, open-minded and I've always been honest with them, but my boyfriend is still delaying telling his family. I'm 12 weeks today! We aren't married, and his parents are very devoutly religious - and on top of it all, his mother is a completely manipulative, hysterical drama queen. I sympathize with him, but I keep telling my boyfriend that things will just be worse if he waits any longer to tell them.

After all, if *I* were his parents, I'd be more offended that my son kept a big secret like this from me for 12+ weeks, then be upset about the pregnancy. I mean, for heaven sake, we're both in our late twenties and we've been living together for four years. It's not as if we're irresponsible kids!

I've told him that if he doesn't phone his parents today, that *I* am going to tell them on monday! Nerves are nerves, but at some point, he's just being ridiculous...

Oops, this turned into a bit of a rant. Good luck to you - I really believe that in the end, all parents will just be thrilled that they're going to be grandparents, no matter what the situation!!!

Thanks everyone. I should know very soon about work and will tell them as soon as I know whats happening with that, I don't want them worrying. That said, if I dont know about work in a couple of weeks I will tell them before my scan. Another problem is OH won't tell work until we have told our parents and we have 3 appointments in one week coming up, so he's gonna have to tell them so he can come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->