Temp Charting Right after M/C

vanillastar

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I am in the process of miscarrying right now. I think it started yesterday or maybe a few days ago. I would be 8 weeks 5 days today. DH and I are wanting to start trying as soon as we are able. I was wanting to start temp charting again to see when I went back to normal. When would you start? Can you could the m/c as the start of what would be a new cycle or what? I know I may not ovulate for awhile after this, I just thought temping would give me an idea. I have long cycles anyways, about 45 days not ovulating until around CD30 so I thought maybe I might have a chance to ovulate before first AF.

Vanilla, I'm so sorry you are experiencing this right now. I know the feeling of wanting to have a baby inside of you immediately after a loss. Have you ever charted temps before? They can only tell you if you've ovulated after the fact. That being said, you certainly can't do any harm temping right after a mc. Yes, you can count the complete mc as day one of your cycle. You need to make sure that there isn't any left over tissue that could be tricking your body into thinking it is pregnant.

For me, my first cycles after my mc's were longer than my regular cycles. I didn't temp until I got my first AF and I'm pretty sure I didn't ovulate right after my mc. Since your hormones will be all over the place, your temps might be too and you might not pick up ovulation during this time. You might find yourself more frustrated and confused temping this cycle, but it might also lend you some valuable information. I started temping after my first AF and I went back to my normal cycles and ovulated. I have longer cycles like you and after my first loss, my cycles actually got shorter which was a small silver lining. Take good care of yourself. xoxo

Yes, I have temped before. So the day that I actually miscarry (pass the baby etc.) is what you could as cycle day 1?

Yes, I would call that CD1 as long as the miscarriage is complete. If you start bleeding heavily again a few days or a few weeks after the mc, it might mean that you didn't pass all of the tissue and your body is passing it now. If that happens, you need to change your CD1 to that day. You might have a totally normal cycle. I didn't, it was much longer, but a lot of women do. I hope that was clear. I'm wishing the best for you.

It is technically cd1 but it wont be really the first day of your cycle unless your hcg is back to practically nothing. Your cycle wont kick off again till your hcg has backed off. With my early mcs around the 5 weekish mark I would ovulate three days later than normal and my bloods confirmed I still had hcg in my system on cd3, with my last I hcg was much higher and O was delayed by a week or two, so there is a correlation in there somewhere. The higher it was the longer it will take to come down. You can still temp, but they may be high and a bit off kilter for a bit. I will throw in a link to my charts, the last on was the d&c and you can see how my temps acted, all the other mcs are charted there as well. Sorry you have to go through this, wish you the most stickiest baby dust for the future!:hugs:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2a42a8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->