• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Temp Drop

Swanny

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if you wouldn't mind taking a look at my chart so far.

It's been fairly up and down but today I got quite a big temp drop. Just wondering if this could mean anything?

My Ovulation Chart

Thanks,

It looks like you are about or have just ovulated - hope you catch that eggy.

I've been doing OPK's and haven't had a postive yet so I'll keep an eye on them over the next few days.

Thanks,

Lots of views but not many replies once again :(

sorry I read earlier but didn't know what to say, that is a huge drop are you sure your thermometer was working properly? I'm new to temping myself this is only 2nd cycle but i've not seen a drop like that on mine????

Hope you get some answers but i'd probably say see what you get tomorrow, it might have been an error and be back up to more normal in the morning. Let us know how you get on

Jo x

Yeah I was shocked to be honest when it went that low cause my reading of 34.90 is even below what the average results should be according to the instructions that came with my thermometer.

FYI - you might miss the LH surge, as its in your system for such a short time, are you:
a) using FMU? You shouldn't
b) waiting till around 2pm with around four hours of pee saved up - killer but it has to be done
c) have you considered using Clear Blue digis with the smiley face - I use them and they are almost idiot proof.

That is one big drop; first I thought you would have ovulated already; but if OPKs haven't been positive then you'll probably ovulate in the next couple days and you'll have a rise in your temp again imo. Loads of Baby Dust!!

I had a small dip in temperature the day fertility friend said that I ovulated. It wasn't anywhere near as sharp a drop as yours is though.

It could mean impending ovulation or it could have just been an error with the thermometer. Did you do anything different this morning when you took that temp (talk, breathe through your mouth, etc?)

And I never received a positive with opk's either. It wasn't until I started using the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor that I ever received a positive test.

Good luck and will be interesting to see your temp tomorrow!

FYI - you might miss the LH surge, as its in your system for such a short time, are you:
a) using FMU? You shouldn't
b) waiting till around 2pm with around four hours of pee saved up - killer but it has to be done
c) have you considered using Clear Blue digis with the smiley face - I use them and they are almost idiot proof.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure what FMU is so I don't think I am using it lol.
I have been trying to wait until 2pm. I usually have my last pee around 10:30 and then hold until 2.
I think if I don't have any success in my next few cycles that I will consider clear blue but they just seem so expensive and since m/c I have no idea how long my cycles are so wouldn't really know what to start using them so that's why at the moment I just use a cheapie OPK each day of my cycle to see if I can find any kind of pattern really.

:)

I had a small dip in temperature the day fertility friend said that I ovulated. It wasn't anywhere near as sharp a drop as yours is though.

It could mean impending ovulation or it could have just been an error with the thermometer. Did you do anything different this morning when you took that temp (talk, breathe through your mouth, etc?)

And I never received a positive with opk's either. It wasn't until I started using the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor that I ever received a positive test.

Good luck and will be interesting to see your temp tomorrow!

Hiya,

I can't think that I did anything different this morning cause I set my alarm for 06:30 am take temp whist still half asleep then go back to sleep when it beeps and records the temperature. My OH was moving around in the bed at the time and I remember thinking FFS will you keep still cause I was thinking that it might be moving the thermometer but I couldn't open my mouth to shout at him hahaha, maybe my bad mood could have affected the temp? hahaha

I'll let you know how my temp goes tomorrow :)

at the moment I just use a cheapie OPK each day of my cycle to see if I can find any kind of pattern really.

I wouldn't recommend the cheap ones; with baby #1 I never tested positive on cheap OPKs I got in bulk from ebay... but I got pregnant that cycle.

This month I am just BDing every other day and seeing how that goes. Last month we did every day apart from 2 and weren't sucessful but my body could still be healing from m/c.

If I do get +OPK then I'll probably BD twice in that day but I just find it gets really stressful and puts a lot of strain on a relationship if done too much.

I mean I can't imagine how I would feel if I was OH thinking that I had to perform on demand whenever my partner wanted and that if he couldn't them we could miss our chance that month! I wouldn't like that kind of pressure. I want it to remain as fun and loving as possible rather than just part of a routine.

Sounds like a good plan Swanny; think when you can BD every other day then you don't need to worry too much about the actual ovulation date as there should be enough swimmers to meet the egg already :p And like you say you need to keep the hubby relaxed for better quality swimmers too hehe.

FMU - first morning urine - lovely

The BD plan sounds good - can't really go wrong with that :dust:

Hi Ladies,

Temp has gone back up today so unless it rises again tomorrow I will assume that my temp drop was a one off glitch as I got negative OPK so don't think the dip was OV.

I'll know more after the weekend when I have done temps for another few days.

My Ovulation Chart

x

excellent, must have been one of them things, btw, I went out on the town last night so consumed a fair amount of alcohol, this morning my temp was sky high, so funny I didn't realise it would have such an effect on your temp - I wasn't even hung over either!

good luck detecting that O. baby dust xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"